Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jorge Rincon - Dr Rincon

Just wanted to stop by and say hi , Dr Rincon was my surgery he's SO Great ! Very caring, cares about his patients.

If anyone has any questions about him , his process anything just let me know.

I had my surgery in July 2007 and lost 105 pounds in 10 months . I am not ALMOST at goal I have 10 pounds to get off. for a total of 125 pounds.

You can visit my blog at http://skinnyintexas.blogspot.com/ for more info on me and Dr Rincon .

Again feel free to email me anytime !

Mindy

Hi, going in 2 weeks to be banded at Dr. Rincon's . It looks like I will be by myself. Hope everything turns out well with the surgery..

Don't feel like your by yourself. I had my surgery July 1st. I started off at 330 and now I am down to 294. Dr Rincon was wonderful! He was very caring and honest. I could not have asked for a better doctor. When is your surgery scheduled? Feel free to talk with me any time. No one knows what its like until they have walked in our shoes. Roxann

Thank you this is reassuring information. I plan to use Dr. Rincon but have little to go on other than an attractive special offer because I am self-pay and his vitae. Although he ranks up there with the other good ones on Allergan. Going over the border is not an option because my local surgeon will not do aftercare unless the surgery was from a U.S. physician. Not many other options there either unless I drive 100 to 200 miles and pay 2 to 4 times more for fills. For the surgery I will be traveling from 3 states over so I am a little nervous about the unknown. I have been to San Antonio a long time ago and I am looking foward to a pleasure visit post op. I want to check into a very nice hotel and use the time to relax and do some touring.

I felt reassured at his office when I saw a Yale University residence training certificate on his wall. He's brisque so don't expect Mr. Manners. His staff is really nice. The psychiatrist is really nice. When your at the hotel - be sure to stock up on broth and Water or low calorie gatorade. Get your hotel near the hospital - I think they are using Southwest General b/c you don't want to be fighting rush hour when you are released. Tell them prior to surgery at the hospital you get severe nausea - they gave me extra stuff for that so I didn't have to worry about it like many people on here. Bring a book b/c you will be in the waiting room for a while laying on the cot.

AND Finally - ColtonWade (the 1st poster on here) - read her blog and then tell Dr. Rincon she gave you a recommendation b/c she's probably very happy to answer any question's her blog doesn't answer. I'm 1 month out and very happy.

Hey sluggo, I love Dr Rincon!! His office staff is wonderful and very helpful. October 1st will be 3 months since my surgery and I am down 48 lbs. He is very honest when it comes to fills and he explains everything as he is doing it. If you do decide to go with him I know you will be in good hands.

zunirmh: Thanks for the information. I feel better getting input from actual patients of Dr. Rincon. Today I e-mailed Lucy in his office again with a few more questions. I will be self-pay and traveling from Alabama so I had a few particular issues unique to my situation. I plan on taking in some of the sights in San Antonio. It's been about 9 years since I was there last. Any recommendations on a very nice hotel that will be convenient to both the hospital, Dr's office, and attractions? I don't mind going all out. I want to have a comfortable and fun stay since I won't be able to shovel in the great Tex-Mex cuisine. Those days are gone and I don’t want to revisit them ever again. I hear that before surgery, some people go out in a blaze of glory and do one last feast to make a king envious. I don’t want to do that. food isn’t fun anymore to me.

I am so happy for you. Once you have the procedure done, you will be so glad you did it. Are you planning on coming to San Antonio a couple of days before your procedure? Make sure someone will be with you the whole time. Dr. Rincon had me on a strick diet 2 weeks before my procedure because they want the fat to shrink from the liver, it makes the lap band easier to install. All I wanted to eat before I had it done was chinesse food but no one would go with me because they knew I was not supose to eat it. :{ Its not so bad now, you can still enjoy your food, you just dont eat much of it. I got filled 2 weeks ago and I can really feel the restrictions. I am up to 6cc of saline and I really dont think I will get another one done for a while. If you do decide to do some sight seening come down at least four days before your procedure. Believe me you wont want to go out afterwards. Call me we can do lunch or dinner before your surgery, theres nothing better than Mexican food as your last meal before your your new life starts!! As for hotels I would probably stay downtown, its not to far from the hospital, are you having it as SW General? I believe there is another hospital he does surgery at. I had it at this one and had the best care. Just remember if you use a C-pap machine BRING IT! They wont do the surgery if you dont have it. You can call me if you have any questions 210-383-6962 Hope to hear from you soon, Roxann

I am so happy for you. Once you have the procedure done, you will be so glad you did it. Are you planning on coming to San Antonio a couple of days before your procedure? Make sure someone will be with you the whole time. Dr. Rincon had me on a strick diet 2 weeks before my procedure because they want the fat to shrink from the liver, it makes the LAP-BAND® easier to install. All I wanted to eat before I had it done was chinesse food but no one would go with me because they knew I was not supose to eat it. :{ Its not so bad now, you can still enjoy your food, you just dont eat much of it. I got filled 2 weeks ago and I can really feel the restrictions. I am up to 6cc of saline and I really dont think I will get another one done for a while. If you do decide to do some sight seening come down at least four days before your procedure. Believe me you wont want to go out afterwards. Call me we can do lunch or dinner before your surgery, theres nothing better than Mexican food as your last meal before your your new life starts!! As for hotels I would probably stay downtown, its not to far from the hospital, are you having it as SW General? I believe there is another hospital he does surgery at. I had it at this one and had the best care. Just remember if you use a C-pap machine BRING IT! They wont do the surgery if you dont have it. You can call me if you have any questions 210-383-6962 Hope to hear from you soon, Roxann

Wow that is some great information that is new to me - thank you. I am glad you told me to tour before the surgery because I won't want to go afterwards. That changes my travel plans some and is something I had not given much thought to. Again - thanks. I've heard of the liver shrinking thing. Can you tell me what that involves? I would love some great comida mexicana before the procedure. I was thinking of staying at the Valencia or another fancy one downtown to live it up while there but now I guess I need to think about how I will feel after for a few days. I probably won't be looking forward to that 15 hour drive going back home either. Maybe I should break it up into a 2 day drive back. I have not met Dr. Rincon yet so this is all new. In fact, I haven't met my new family doc until 10/13. Dr. Rincon is one of 3 San Antonio WLS docs I am considering but at least one is about to be off the list because it sounds too much like an assembly line operation. If I want to be treated like I'm stupid and an impersonal statistic I will go back to dealing with Blue Cross. I am happy for you and your success. This whole process takes a lot of courage and good folks like you who have cut the trail before are a source of strength for the rest of us.

If anyone has any questions about Dr Rincon please feel free to email me ! I am more than happy to answer questions.