Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have this problem?

I have lost 40 lbs. and gone from a size 22 to 16. Right off the bat I lost five inches from my waist. The area of concern is from the natural waist line and above to the breast bone, my abdomen. Its not shrinking with the rest of me. There is noticeable difference in my legs, hips, butt, etc but not in my abdomen area. I feel disproportionate.

Has anyone else had this problem now or in the past? If so, what did you do or do I just need to be patient? I keep trying on these cute baby doll tops with new jeans and look pregnant so I keep wearing my oversized t-shirts. The problem with that is the t-shirts cover so well its hard to tell that I have lost weight. I've never been vain but I want to wear cute clothes and don't want to cover up my weightloss.

Thanks, Ruth

Everyone looks pregnant in baby doll tops, even girls that are size six. I think everyone has an area of their body that won't shrink as fast as they want it to, mine is my arms.

Baby Ruth, I haven't lost as much as you, but yes, I too am having the same issue. I think noosagirl is right in that different parts of the body will lose differently and in the end it will all catch up. Worse case scenario, there's always PS.

Maybe you can try some upper body excersizes. I presume you are passed your 6 week post op so you can do regular weights and stuff. Maybe an exercise ball that will work your core first which is exactly that the inner core. Maybe your upper body has a lower % of fat in that part of your body. The higher fatty places loose first like your waist butt legs, the chest will come later I would think. I am 61 lbs down,9 months out. I try to rotate all areas as far as the workout goes. not every day but 4-5 days on the regular exercise and 6 days cardio. I am up to run &walk for 90 minutes 4 days week, plusI walk at lunch for about 40 minutes 5x week. Moving those arms when you walk will help that upper body as well. Keep up the good work. Moving that body is the name of the game. The food can never catch up that way!! :wink2:

:cool2:hI, i HAVE LOST 45 POUNDS IN 2 1/2 MONTHS doing great but I have the same problem, my clothes are huge, a 22 to a 18. But my pants are still ok at my belly just huge around my legs and butt. I guess everything is just dropping into my lower belly and it will go last.Hang in there, if everything else is big on me I am still happy and almost 50 pounds smaller tahn I was so its all good..:wink2:

I have lost 40 lbs. and gone from a size 22 to 16. Right off the bat I lost five inches from my waist. The area of concern is from the natural waist line and above to the breast bone, my abdomen. Its not shrinking with the rest of me. There is noticeable difference in my legs, hips, butt, etc but not in my abdomen area. I feel disproportionate.

Has anyone else had this problem now or in the past? If so, what did you do or do I just need to be patient? I keep trying on these cute baby doll tops with new jeans and look pregnant so I keep wearing my oversized t-shirts. The problem with that is the t-shirts cover so well its hard to tell that I have lost weight. I've never been vain but I want to wear cute clothes and don't want to cover up my weightloss.

Thanks, Ruth

hahaha. EXACT problem...some of my lower belly has gone but not much...not too worried because my measurements (ratio-wise) are the same...I'm not a 45-33-46, I went from a 22- to an 18. Mind you if I was those measurements and without the lower belly i'd be much happier lol...I'd say give it a little more time...I started getting a bad lower belly around 210-220 so I'm guessing that's when I'll start losing it...so only 15 more lbs! lol

Ok I would like to say and see if someone can help me. I have lost 32lbs by my six week check up and i go back to the doc for my 2nd fill on oct 31st which will be 10 weeks out.. I am losing but i have not changed pant size. I mean if i get my jeans out of the dryer they fit great... then after a couple of hours they are lose. ugh i know that is for everyone. Also i can tell that I have lost and so has everyone else.. but when will i be able to go and buy new clothes.. I have a regular band that holds 4 ccs and my first fill is 1/2ccs and then i will get my 2nd soon.. Has anyone felt this way.. take care and thanks

Abdominal weight can be attributed to stress if you have a stressful lifestyle, job, marriage, etc. Cortisol is a killer in that respect. Limit the stress in your life along with the exercise.

My problem is opposite! My stomach shrunk down nice (yes, I am wearing all those cute baby doll tops) yet my legs are still huge. I'm hoping jogging will help with my legs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Everyone loses in different places first. I have always had a smaller upper body and larger bottom. So, the bottom is taking a lot longer to GO AWAY...! I can't complain though. 60+ pounds gone (size 20W to a 12). :)

Try adding some extra abdominal exercises to your workouts.

Has any one else gone from surgery to three months out without one fill? Im still osing so my doctor says wait. I have not had one fill since surgery in August and have lost 40 pounds. Any one else like that out there? When I had surgery and they took my x-ray at the hospital to see where my band was, the nurse said man he sure but your band high. Does that make a diffrence? Im supposed to get a fill next week but dont think I need one cause I still cant eat more than I supposed to.:)

My first fill was almost 3 months after surgery, I had awesome restriction at first.

Ruth, I cant wear baby doll tops, hardly anyone can. They actaully look best on curvier gals I think, the shorter more solid type, with bigger arms and chests. That sounds like an awful description but it isnt meant to be, they just are proportionate on that figure type. Those of us that are pear shaped, with finer arms and chests, and larger lower regions, forget it, we look six months pregnant. The other thing I struggle with is dresses, all those long maxi dresses, they look hideous on me. Fat or thin, we all have a shape that we have to dress for. I still have the same problems I did before in that there's certain styles that I just can not wear due to my basic shape. God help me but high waisted pants are coming back in too. Ugh. Never.

Edited by Jachut

Thanks everyone for your input.....no babydoll tops for me. Its good to know I'm not alone. I will have to do more upper body workouts and unfortunately I don't think I can eliminate my stress and I am stressed all the time these days. My abdomen has always been a problem it would make sense it would take longer to shrink with my weightloss.

I get excited about getting new clothes and want to bad to get the cute stuff the younger crowd is wearing.....I guess I just need to dress for my age, lol.

a few years back i had lost some weight and bought a pair of hip hugging bell bottom jeans online, don't laugh,....anyway besides being way too tight I really looked stupid in them. i threw them up in the closet and never gave them a second thought until a few weeks ago when i was pulling out clothes that were too big to get rid of and there they were. so i tried them on and they are big on me but not as big as the jeans i got rid of. it was small victory and they actually look pretty good on me.

i know i cant be the only one that tries to dress younger just because i can now. anyone else make a clothing purchase like that since you have lost weight and then you had that "what the hell was i thinking" moment?

share a funny story.

Ruth

Thanks for the reply I havent heard of any one else going this long with out a fill. I feel lucky that I still am restrikted and havent had to have one. I am going to cancell my fill appt. for next week and wait one more month. Iv heard they are not much fun any way. You look great have you kept it off easy and do you still get fills?