Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girl here. Being surprised isn't an option for me. For one, I hate surprises. For two, I wouldn't have been able to not prepare.

Girl here. Being surprised isn't an option for me. For one, I hate surprises. For two, I wouldn't have been able to not prepare.

Same here, being 'surprised' isn't an option. DH and I have already been fighting about this. He does NOT want to know, he wants the excitement of finding out when it's born.. mmk, but I will be excited when I find out in December. We don't see eye-to-eye, but I told him I respect his decision not to know-- but I AM finding out. He keeps begging me to wait, I don't know why he cares what I do if I don't tell him. Because of him though, I can only tell a small handful of people so it doesn't accidentally get out. He doesn't care about decor, I already picked out a boy & girl set.. so when I find out, I will order whichever set and in my last month I will decorate the room and keep the door closed so he doesn't know.

I want to know nooowwwwww. :tongue2: I'm scared the girl set won't be available by time I find out, and I am so in love with it. In fact, I'll be a bit disappointed it's not a girl if it's a boy, simply because I want to order this set. :crying: :biggrin:

initially i didnt want to know ... there are so few true surprises now..

DH wanted to know .. and umm, i'd bug the crap out of him if he knew and i didnt so, i changed my mind... plus, it will really help with planning...

BUT...

it seems i have a modest (and stubborn) little one ... we go in for another ultrasound next Monday.... my thoughts are its a boy, but who knows??

Yeah I was much the same. I was finding out, no doubt. Being surprised never even crossed my mind. DH didn't want to know. I told him "Ok, I won't tell you, but don't you think you'll get cues from the stuff I'm buying?" Then the morning of my first US he couldn't wait to find out, he was more eager than I was. So then the mission to find non-pink began...

At the US I could tell right away that we were looking at baby's genitals, and for a second I thought we were having a boy because there were three distinct little "tic tacs" on the screen... I figured one twig, two berries = 3. Then the sonographer says "Oh, see those three bumps? That's what we see with girls." So we went from "Oh it's a boy" to "Oh it's a girl" in the span of about 5 seconds.

I too, before the US, had already bought boy bedding and girl bedding. I kept the boy bedding (actually it's kinda neutral - earty green, khaki, cream...) because I really like it and you never know when it will come in handy. Took the original girl one back, didn't like it as much as I thought I would (ordered it online). Found one in a store that I loved, and that was about $800 - eek. Then found it for around $400. Then found a tiny boutique that advertised it as "discontinued" on their website, sale $210, but they didn't take phone or internet orders. Then I found a local store that price matches online retailers. They normally sell it for about $580 in their store, but gave me the $210 price. Score!

I *really* wanted a girl when I first found out I was pregnant, and before when we were TTC. Then I started thinking about it and would have been fine either way. Then they told me I wouldn't make it past my first trimester, and I didn't care, as long as it lasted. So I was deeply tickled to learn it was a girl, but there was a tiny portion of me that had adjusted to the thought of a boy.

BTW - I might be in really early labor. I can't tell. It's so different from what we were told to expect, but also so different from anything I've felt previously. Hmmm...

(I love that "X" and "Y" and "Z" are signs that labor is imminent. I mean, really - isn't pregnancy a sign that labor is imminent??!!)

BTW, here are some pics of what you see with a girl. Might be kinda hard to make out. The first one - she looked like a Gummy bear. Imagine you're looking at the bottom of a gummy bear, almost as though you're under a glass floor looking up at it. The two little "stumps" shooting out on the right are her legs. The two bright white dots were her hips IIRC. Then there's three little things that look kinda like teeth or tic-tacs. Those are apparently her girl parts.

Second picture - a little more clear now. Similar bottom-up viewing angle, only she has actual legs & not just stumps. It's a little more clear that the three tic-tacs are girl parts.

Third picture was from my 4D ultrasound, a little over a month ago. Fully formed. Very puffy, which I've since learned happens with newborns.

post-205294-13813137786208_thumb.jpg

post-205294-13813137786489_thumb.png

post-205294-13813137786895_thumb.jpg