Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill story!

Hi Everyone,

Went for first fill today. Down 32.5 and the doctor was thrilled. Fill was done at the hospital imaging center so first thing I got to see my band and tube and port- all well, which ended my concerns with the little aches and pulling I feel sometimes.

He works with the fluroscope and barium system. No pain at all with the filling. However, when he put in 4ccs (his usual) nothing moved and boy, was that an immediate pain and burning sensation! Reflux at it's worst. He drew it out instantly and instant relief. I think I was more surprised than anything. He told me everyone is different and he cannot tell how tight someone is naturally until he puts in some saline. 3cc caused no real discomfort, but it was still almost no movement, so we went to 2cc and that seemed slow but okay. So, I have 2cc's. He wants to see me in 4 weeks but no fill appointment- he doens't think I'll need another fill than and possibly for a long time. Interesting. He also fixed that incision I keep complaining about on the boards so that's good too. LOVE MY SURGEON. He was "with me" every moment today and stayed to chat with me about life in general for a few minutes at the end. Good guy. Dr. Khalili at Cedars Sinai in LA. Really recommend him highly.

So, now I can just get down a little Fluid in small sips. Can't imaging eating again, but I think I felt that way a couple of days after surgery as well. I've heard that the band relaxes in the first few days after a fill and that's why it's liquid for 2 days then mushies for two days.

OY VEY, how do you get down 6-8 cups a Water a day like this?????? LOL.

:angry:

my surgery was march 26th 2008 and my first fill was may 9th and i got 4cc's and i loved the feeling of feeling full , i would eat 4oz of applesauce and had a hard time finishing that but after some time i was able to eat more and i was discouraged so i called the doctor and they say when u can eat and still feel hungry time for another fill so had my 2nd fill wed the 4th and i got 2.8 cc's , so you need to keep sipping Water no matter what and popsicles for a few days im hoping i wont need a fill for a while but time will tell so anyways i have lost 33 pds , my goal is to lose 150 so , good luck to you!!

Dr.Glascock [ great surgeon]

363 / 330 / 165

Thanks Sherry. I've been sipping all evening. Protein drinks and Water. I am very sore in the esophogus to stomach- not pain, just aching discomfort. I was just getting past my reflux (which makes this spot hurt) when the fill caused a big pain and burning there. So, I guess it will pass in a few days. I feel like I did right after surgery - LOL!

Good luck on your journey.