Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would be happy to help in any way I can .

Here are my "stats" LOL I feel like im placing a personal add LOL

Banded July 16,2007

Starting wt 250

Current wt 155 ( OH SO CLOSE to 100lbs )

Goal wt: 125

Marital Status:Married

Sex: Female

Kids : 2 (Both Boys)

I would be happy to help I live outside of Austin TX if someone needs someone one on one or happy to help via email .

feel free to email me .

Mindy

Hey Mindy! I'm in Texas too, Fort Worth. I started out at around 250 as well. I've lost 21 pounds so far. I'm due to have my 2nd fill next Wednesday, thank goodness. I don't have much restriction at all right now. I gained two pounds this past week, but it was because I ate bad over the holiday weekend. I'm back on track and hope to drop that two pounds again. I know what I need to do, I just don't always do it. :thumbup: I would love to have a buddy that understands what I'm going through and can offer some advice and support.

You have done so great! Wow! 100 pounds off in a year. Congrats! It must feel so great. I can't wait to get my first 50 off. It will make me feel so much better and I haven't been under 200 in years! Keep up the good work. I hope to hear from you soon!

BTW - My name is Brook

Hi Mindy ~ I'm looking for a mentor and thought you may be a good match. I'm being banded on June 9th. I'm 47, current weight is 262, BMI 41. This seems so sureal, I cant believe in 6 days I am finally having the surgery. It was a 15 month process for me to get approved by insurance. I am soooo nervous. I'm a very private person and only told my husband. Only my manager knows I'll be out for surgery, but not what type, the rest of my peers just think i'm out of the office. Looking forward to talking and sharing more with you.

Carol

Carol did you get my email ?

Mindy

Hi. I'm Kammy and was banded 10/2/08. I am feeling discouraged and looking to connect with someone who may be able to offer some tips/advise/encouragement. I'm feeling a little stuck...no wt loss since surgery. I've had one fill in Nov and another scheduled for Monday. Prior to surgey I lost 32lbs in preperation. I received a lot of attention, all positive, but scary to me none the less. I'm worried I may be sabotaging out of fear of change, letting go, being different. I'm in LA so email would be great!

Kammy,

First of all congratulations on the 32 pound loss, that is great! Give the band and your body some time to adjust. Every ones weight loss is different. The weight is not going to come off over night. For some people the weight comes off quickly, others at a steady pace and some slow. But in the end it all averages out. Don't get hung up on the numbers. Focus more on how you are feeling. And don't forget about all of those inches you are loosing. For me it was the inches lost that were more rewarding than the pounds. I seem to have lost inches at times when I have lost not weight.

What are you eating as far as calorie and Protein intake, and are you drinking enough fluids? Focus on eating as much Protein first before anything else. The protein will keep you more satisifed. I personally do not count calories. Hopefully you have worked with a nutritionist and they should have provided a protein goal. Also make sure you are getting in excercise daily. I hate excercising, but found without it I would not loose weight.

And yes there are also a lot of psychological things to deal with. It's hard to break all those bad eating habits; for me it was binge eating. I truly love food and cooking and it has been so hard to adjust. But I have found that I can still have all of those foods and am just as happy with a bite or two. The attention for me has been difficult too. I have a hard time excepting the compliments. Because in my mind I'm thinking boy they really thought I was FAT!

Keep the faith!

I can personally vouch for Mindy! She's awesome! She's helped me since the very beginning! I don't know what I'd do without her!

She's completely honest and will tell you when you're messing up and support you when you need her. I have nothing but great things to say about her!

Love ya Mindy!:tounge_smile:

Hi. I'm Kammy and was banded 10/2/08. I am feeling discouraged and looking to connect with someone who may be able to offer some tips/advise/encouragement. I'm feeling a little stuck...no wt loss since surgery. I've had one fill in Nov and another scheduled for Monday. Prior to surgey I lost 32lbs in preperation. I received a lot of attention, all positive, but scary to me none the less. I'm worried I may be sabotaging out of fear of change, letting go, being different. I'm in LA so email would be great!

Hi Kammy:

I too was banded in October, 08 and things had been going well until about 4 weeks ago and all of a sudden it's like boom the weight stopped coming off. I went to the doctor's Friday and the NP spent some time talking about how much I wasn't eating enough Protein and really needed to focus on that. I go next week for another fill, this time by "feel" rather than by what the x=ray would show. I really hopes this will be better as I'm able to eat alot of food no matter how much I try Portion Control, etc.

Keep up the great work. In reading through many threads, it appears that the band works differently for each person. I personally liked the weight loss vs. maintaining.!

Have a good weekend.

I am on my first month of six for preop dieting. Right now it I have been dealing with eating less amounts then i used to. I still want to eat the large portions. I think my stomach is getting stretched again. But i really want to loose the weight. I did not realize how hard a long term diet is. I hate having to write everything down. I have not been measuring my food to a tea. I have been guessing. And now i feel guilty of eating more than what i am say i am eating. After i speak to my dietician this week i am going to try to do better. At times i feel the diet is so useless....because in the back of my mind all i want to do is eat. I am realizing now that how much i use to depend on food to answer all my problems. It was just a crutch...now i have to deal with alot more. I am realizing that i am alot more depressed again. I dont know if i want to keep trying...but in all honesty, i know i have to do it...everyday its a battle...i did not realize this...i was hoping this battle would go away and its not...it just getting worse. I am beginning to have doubts in even going through with the surgery because if i cannot follow a strict diet now...then how am i going to follow six months from now...I am doing alright with dieting...I dont know how much i lost..and i am really concerned if i really lost any. The numbers are not that important to me...because i am feeling better. In the beginning they were, but now every time i look at a scale i feel depreesed. Numbers should not depress you. this is rediculus...lol...Is someone with me on this...I have tried to do the surgery a couple of years ago. When i went through all the tests the doctors denied me. This made me feel so guilty even more. They said i was not psycologically ready for it then. buit i am a different person now. I am on good medicine that is really working most of the time.. They said i would not follow through the diet. And you know what i am eating a lot less than i use to. Just because i am following it totally perfect does not mean i am doing that bad. I am honestly going to try to do better,. Its only the first month... I am going to give it some time. I do have physical therapy for my back twice a week and i am trying to do it more often at home witch is alot more than what i use to do. Please remember me in your prayers. I thank you so much for all your encouraging remarks on here. All your struggles are so important to me. because i realize that i am not the only one going through this. I would love to have a mentor out thier... i an close to 400 pounds and 31 years old to young to die. not married no kids. i live in oh. feel free to chat any time. My email address is bearjr30@hotmail.com. I am not on here alot but when i am i get so encouraged. thanks for all of that...