Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh I need a fill!

I'm eating wayyyyy too much food at once. Last night we had Boston Market and I was able to eat way more than I wanted to. I suck. :shades_smile:

ohhh, i love boston market (sorry, not helping matters...)

when was your last fill? have you had one yet (sorry memory is shot). it really stinks when you are at the 'in between' stages... banded, but not at your sweet spot.

fill up on solid Proteins, that seems to help keep you fuller longer.

how many 'meals' are you having (Snacks?) i find even with proper restriction, i have 3 very small meals and 2 tiny Snacks. meal would be a Protein shake, snack maybe 14 almonds..

good luck

Angie, I'm right there with you. I think I'm able to eat much more than I should as well. However, I'm still eating less than I did pre-band. I also try to make good food choices and still eat my Protein first, veggies second, and carbs last. Until we get that perfect level of fill, I think that is about all we can do. Just know that you aren't alone!!!

I've just had the one, about a week and half ago. Next one is in another week and a half.

I haven't been eating more OFTEN than I should, just more at one time. Ugh.

I don't feel badly about eating more than I expected to post-band, as long as I'm making good choices. I've been enjoying big plates of salad with tuna or chicken and a wide variety of veggies. I don't have a problem with the size of the portion. It does make me realize I probably do need another fill, and my weight loss has slowed down. I've been at the same weight for like 6 days now, and that's the first time that's happened since going on my pre-op diet. Hang in there and you don't suck. :shades_smile:

I was banded Feb 8th too. A week ago all my swelling went down. It seemed it happened all of a sudden. My first fill is Monday. I am so ready for it. I'm in that I feel like a failure phase.:shades_smile:

I'm with you Angie! I had great restriction for the first 2 weeks after my first fill. Just in the last day or two, that seems to be going away. I've got 3 weeks to wait until my next adjustment, so I'm going to have to rely on willpower. Frankly, willpower is not a strength of mine.

Last night, I had an incident involving baked potato Soup with cheese and sour cream, and lots of it. The embarassing part was that I was having dinner with a recently banded friend, and still I could not behave - even if only to be a good example. Yikes!

Angie...you beat me to the punch on posting this thread!! I have been eating too much and not making the greatest food choices. Thankfully, I've been sticking to my exercise, but I feel hungry all the time!! I'm on vacation this week (living in San Diego I don't have to go far!!) and am doing the whole "you're on vacation....eat what you want" mentality. My fill is April 2nd and I'm praying that I get some restriction this time.

Thanks for posting, Angie....it's nice to have some support and know that I'm not swimming alone!!

Amy

My first fill is on Monday and I don't know what will happen around here. (Really I do. Every time my husband goes by he makes the comment that everything has to change on Monday.) I know everything has to change on Monday but I think what if it doesn't? I've got to get this under control again. Is it better to ask for a small fill or a larger one? At this point I think I would be glad to have only fluids through for a while. Any thoughts anyone? :thumbdown:

I'm with you guys! Banded feb 5th, first fill march 31st. The scale is stuck. I'm hungry most of the time and can pretty much eat what I want as long as I chew. Makes you feel like you never had surgery. I guess it can take 2 or 3 fills to get good restriction. I guess I really need to think of the long term weight loss without gaining back. It's hard though when you want to get going. I think I'll get 2-3cc in my 9cc band hope that gives me some relief from the hunger. Good luck! Chrissie

I'm here in this group too! (Thanks for posting this Angie!) :frown: Although I'm able to resist what I'm not supposed to eat (didn't touch that Cadbury egg I was gonna save from my son's Easter basket) I am eating more than I should, I'm eating too much of the things I'm allowed . . . just to darn HUNGRY! :frown: I get my first fill in 3 days, I can't wait! I know it probably won't be much restriction, but hopefully it'll give me back some more incentive to eat less. I'm gonna be a very slow loser until I get rid of this hunger with some better restriction (although I have made the scales move finally! :frown:). A grumpy stomach is so hard for me to ignore, and always my downfall of other diets . . . I just want to feel full after a meal! The junk I can resist, it's the hunger that's gotta go.

(And Amy, since when do you swim alone girlfriend! :wub:)

I'm here in this group too! (Thanks for posting this Angie!) :tt1: Although I'm able to resist what I'm not supposed to eat (didn't touch that Cadbury egg I was gonna save from my son's Easter basket) I am eating more than I should' date=' I'm eating too much of the things I'm allowed . . . just to darn HUNGRY! :thumbup: I get my first fill in 3 days, I can't wait! I know it probably won't be much restriction, but hopefully it'll give me back some more incentive to eat less. I'm gonna be a very slow loser until I get rid of this hunger with some better restriction (although I have made the scales move finally! :wub:). A grumpy stomach is so hard for me to ignore, and always my downfall of other diets . . . I just want to feel full after a meal! The junk I can resist, it's the hunger that's gotta go.

(And Amy, since when do you swim alone girlfriend! :crying:)[/quote']

Yeah, I know I'm not swimming alone, Rhaps!!:smile: Us slow losers can JUST KEEP SWIMMING TOGETHER! Good luck on your first fill and let us know how it goes!! Lordy, I can't wait until my next one!!! Don't even get me started on the Honey Baked Ham I ate today:closedeyes:. Oh well...tomorrow is a new day and I'm planning on hitting the gym hard!! Chins up, Double V's.....we are all doing awesome!!:wub:

Yeah, I haven't posted in a while because I'm just so depressed. This is my first day to come here in like a week because I feel like I've fallen off the bandwagon. I can eat whatever I want and my first fill isn't until tomorrow. And even then, my doctor puts the smallest fill known to man in the band, so who knows if it will even work. I haven't lost anything nor have I gained anything. Well, I gained two pounds, then I lose two pounds. I gain two pounds, then I lose two pounds. Yesterday was the first day I had something really naughty since being banded. I had some strawberry shortcake for easter dessert and some of those mini-robin eggs. Even though I know I can eat whatever I want, I've been good and not had any cheeseburgers and pizza and all that stuff... but then I messed up with the dessert. Anyway, I just need to get out of this depression here. I realize I've still done good and once I feel restriction it will get better.

I'll be looking forward to hearing how your first fill goes tomorrow. My first one is today. Maybe I'm still looking for something to save me. Sounds a bit wimpy doesn't it. Anyway, it seems you are still trying. Me too in a way. At least it is in front of my face all the time. Anything else going on that is making it hard?