Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much restriction from 1st fill?

Hi guys!

Just wondering how much restriction you were feeling with your first fill?

I am still definitely getting hungry, but I'm filling up faster than I did before my fill. I had gotten pretty loose in the week prior. I will definitely be glad to get that second one since this first one was only a small one (2cc's).

I was banded Jan 25th, first fill Feb 13th , felt no restriction, have another one Feb 17th hope this will really give me just what I need. I to get Hungury, but try my best to hold off. I just want the fill to help alittle, I know this is a tool, but so fare it hasn't made a difference,looking forward to next Monday..Becky

I didn't feel any with the first fill and very little with the 2nd. Now with the 4th, I have finally got restriction. But no 2 ppl are alike. No 2 bands are alike! We all have some of the same issues but we can't compare our bands. Can't even compare our own band from one day to the next!

I have NO restriction and I figured I wouldn't with only 1cc at my first fill! Fortunately, I'm sticking to healthy eating and exercise and slooowwwly losing weight. My hunger always kicks in at night!! Looking forward to my fill on 4/2.

I don't think I have much. I haven't really pushed my luck, though.

She said they could take a few days to "settle in", too.

Dang. I just tried to eat some tuna salad. First solids since my fill two days ago. Prior to my fill I could get down about a cup. Just now, I really struggled to get down a QUARTER of a cup and I don't really think I achieved that! Gee, guess this thing really DOES work! LOL Gonna try to do a Protein shake here in a bit to try and get my calories up.

Pretty neat!

Dang. I just tried to eat some tuna salad. First solids since my fill two days ago. Prior to my fill I could get down about a cup. Just now, I really struggled to get down a QUARTER of a cup and I don't really think I achieved that! Gee, guess this thing really DOES work! LOL Gonna try to do a Protein shake here in a bit to try and get my calories up.

Pretty neat!

You are so lucky to already have a fill. I'm sure I would have been fine if my Surgeon were to give me a fill, which would have been tomorrow. Oh well, I can't do anything about that.

Keep us updated on what you are going through!

hey fill update:

i am tracking along the same from surgery (felt restricted for 2 weeks) to my first fill felt restrictrd for 2 weeks. I'n so glad my doc sees me every 3 weeks. I got a 4 cc in a regular ap band almost 3 weeks ago. i had good restriction till the last few days.

i can get full...just can't maitain satiety.

i see my doc on tuesday...i need a bump in my band to hold my satiety.

amanda

I'm not sure I know what great "restriction" feels like - I'm sure I will after being a band veteran for a while! For now - I feel like if things stay like this - I won't need another fill! I get full after a small portion and stay full until my next meal.

I was out of town with DH for the last 3 days, and so we had to eat all of our meals out. I was worried about eating out - but it was so easy! I either ordered a large salad or grilled fish w/ veggies each time - and asked the server to bring a to-go box as soon as they brought the meal. I took half the meal and put it in the box - and usually couldn't even finish the half I kept! The leftovers were my lunch the next day. I felt like I was saving so much money by eating 2 meals for the price of one (even less since these days I'm definately not getting the appetizer, cocktail and dessert that usually went along with my restaurant meals!)

I still haven't had any PBing or sliming, though I did get something stuck temporarily (it felt like a hard hot coal had lodged in my chest right between my boobs!)

So far so good!!

I'm definitely feeling SOME restriction, but not quite as much as I probably should.

I do laugh when I eat though, compared to before!

Today I had a salad from Panera and ate about 1/4 of it. Maybe 1/3. I used to eat the whole salad AND an entire sandwich. This thing just might work. :o

Seems like I am eating about 25% of what I used to. I guess that's good. I really can only base this on restaurant food because that's about all we eat. I'm not much of a wife. LOL My usual meal at the mexican place feeds me 3-4 times now, and that's without the basket of chips I used to eat along with it.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are having a little bit of restriction since your fill. My fill is Monday afternoon, and I was hoping (at least for a week or two) to have a little more restriction than I have now. My food just isn't staying with me for very long right now and of course haven't lost any weight for a week and a half. Want to get started again. I'm right at 200.6 and want to break that 200 mark. It's been really frustrating.

Angie, I'm right with you about the restaurants. We eat out all the time! Things are going to get interesting now though as my husband is starting a new job tomorrow after being unemployed for over a year. I was laid off back in August and am still looking so we have been living a life of leisure for a while now. It will be interesting to see how we adjust to having a schedule! LOL

Sharon, you should definitely feel some restriction. How long it will last is another story. It seems that everyone is different. I can already tell that I'm able to eat more than I did right after my fill and it hasn't even been a week yet. We will get there though!