Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Bruce Schirmer UVa

Hello,

I live in Virginia and I have my first consultation with Dr. Schirmer at the University Of Virginia next month. Has any one had the lap band done by him? What are his requirements? What about fills? How long was your process with him? :cry

So no one knows Dr. Schirmer?

I had my lap-band done by Dr. Shirmer at UVA and he was very nice. A little strange, but very nice! He takes time to answer your questions and he's pretty patient. But you won't see him much after surgery. Janet Dix will do your fills. She's the Nurse Practitioner I believe. Good luck!:clap2:

I will be having lap band surgery next Monday (1-14-08) at UVA by Dr. Schirmer. I will let you know how it goes for me. I live in Page County and just about everyone here has had either their band or bypass surgery by him and I have'nt heard any complaints. Good luck to you.

I will be having lap band surgery next Monday (1-14-08) at UVA by Dr. Schirmer. I will let you know how it goes for me. I live in Page County and just about everyone here has had either their band or bypass surgery by him and I have'nt heard any complaints. Good luck to you.

Thanks, Good luck to you too!

I just wanted to let you know that I ran into a complication about 2 weeks after the surgery. I got an infection in the incision at my belly button and caused severe pain over to my right side. I'm doing much better now, it's been a month since surgery and i'm finally pain free. I'm a little dissappointed in the Dr. office, they don't call a few days after to check on you and it's very hard to get someone to call you back if you have a question, sometimes it's later that evening or the next day. In my case I wanted to talk to someone right away because of the pain. I'm not trying to discourage you but I just want you to know what to expect or in this case what not to expect. Do you have a date yet? I go back Thursday 2-14-08 for my first check up. Good luck to you!

1 Do you have a date yet? I go back Thursday 2-14-08 for my first check up. Good luck to you!

No It's been a week and a half. :scared2: I'll probably call next week if I do not have a date this week. I'm sorry to here you having trouble, I pray things turn out better.

Kara

LAP BAND FILLS?? NYC LI NJ???? GOT A # FOR CRISTINE REN $600!!ANY SUGGESTIONS?? I ALSOWANT SOMEONE WHO IS MORE AGGRESSIVE WITH FILLS.:mad:

Hello,

I live in Virginia and I have my first consultation with Dr. Schirmer at the University Of Virginia next month. Has any one had the lap band done by him? What are his requirements? What about fills? How long was your process with him? :cry

Well baby sis, doctor Schirmer performed a lap band on me 12/18/2008 in UVA. I have my first follow up 2/14/2008 @10:00. Perhaps its to see how things are going and perhaps inflate the ring. I have lost 24 pounds since the 18th of January.That's good for me. I have another 102 pounds left to go.:smile: Hang in there baby gurl you are going to make it.

Marlon L. email ml23093@yahoo.com

Thank you I am still waiting for a date. I did receive a letter in the mail telling me my blood work was fine except I need more Vitamin D, so atleast I know they haven't forgotten about me.

Well my friend, you are well on your way. I do have good news regarding my weight loss goals. I have lost 36 ponda since Jan/18/2008. I have my check up last week and things are looking real good. 2 weeks from now i'll go in to have my band filled with saline. Presently there is no Fluid in it. It'a wide open thus allowing me to be able to consume abit more food.

Thus my new eating habits is still entacted.

Happy trails my friend

36 pounds OMG! That is AWESOME! I called today to get an update, I'm waiting for a call back! So hopefully I'll be banded very soon!