Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do with your old clothes?

Since my surgery is coming up VALENTINES DAY( :)!!!!!!),I was wondering what will i do with my old clothes?

It can get really expensive replacing a wardrobe ever few months. So, I was wondering is anyone willing to do a clothes swop? I think we all can trade addresses and clothes so we can help eachother save money.

I think the clothes should be as follows

1 The clothes be gently used ( no holes please)

2 Wash all clothes before mailing

3 No under garments

If we can start a thread with people willing to participate, everyone should be helped in the end. All the particulars can be worked out in the thread if this works

Just a suggestion:confused:

I think that would be a great idea . I think that would be something to put in the LBT Ideas section ?

mindy

I see someone suggested it in the LBT Suggestions thread but it does not look like anything came out of it ? I think it would be a HUGE hit.

I do something similiar with one of my other groups Im on and its saved me quite a bit of money .

Mindy

I think the best thing to do is to run it by a moderator/owner and see what they think ? Im thinkng there is a reason why its not up yet ?

Mindy

I sent a PM but i think this is something we could all work out amongst our selves.

I am currently in the NE and wear a size 16/18, all of my summer things are available.

I sent a PM but i think this is something we could all work out amongst our selves.

I am currently in the NE and wear a size 16/18, all of my summer things are available.

Well I think to get LOTS Of posts, clothing ect it would be best to have its own section .

Im just thinking their might be a reason why the moderators have not set one up before now ? Might be safetly concerns ? I dunno ? Let me know what you findout .

Mindy

I would love to give and swap my clothes with someone. I am in 30 and 28's at the moment. I do have some nice clothes. And I would rather give them to people that are like me then pass them off to good will where they will be snaged by the workers and not always the pople that need them.

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Safety concerns would be the only reason I would think it hasn't been done yet.

I heard someone say that they kept one outfit from their heaviest weight, and when they hit a plateau they just put it on. Being able to see how far they had come even if it didn't show on the scale, was encouraging. I thought this was a very clever idea.

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Safety concerns would be the only reason I would think it hasn't been done yet.

I heard someone say that they kept one outfit from their heaviest weight, and when they hit a plateau they just put it on. Being able to see how far they had come even if it didn't show on the scale, was encouraging. I thought this was a very clever idea.

I have kept one "fat" outfit too . LOL

mindy

Taismommy any word from Admin ?

Mindy

It will be difficult to trade - for example if I have size 18 to give away and need size 14, I would need to work with two different people right? I agree it is better to give your things away, but this may be difficult to get it worked out.

I am almost at 30 pounds down and my old clothes are starting to look rediculous. I was thinking of taking them to a consignment shop at least then I could trade for a few things in the size I need for now, then do it again as I go lower, make sense?

All I know is that I have to do something - I gathered up an entire hefty bag of sweaters this last weekend, it is a shame that I have to give them up but I am so happy to be losing - Ah, the dilemas in life.

It will be difficult to trade - for example if I have size 18 to give away and need size 14, I would need to work with two different people right? I agree it is better to give your things away, but this may be difficult to get it worked out.

I am almost at 30 pounds down and my old clothes are starting to look rediculous. I was thinking of taking them to a consignment shop at least then I could trade for a few things in the size I need for now, then do it again as I go lower, make sense?

All I know is that I have to do something - I gathered up an entire hefty bag of sweaters this last weekend, it is a shame that I have to give them up but I am so happy to be losing - Ah, the dilemas in life.

I dont think trading from one person to another. but trading amoung the board members . Sort of look at it as at least someone in the family can use it ?

Mindy :lol:

One mod says something was being worked out but no status of when it will be running.

Lets see if we can get everyone to list the size they need and the size to be traded. Then everyone can work it amongst via PM's who gets what. Anyone else have ideas on how to work this out???