Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just plain lazy.

I'll admit it. I haven't excercised in months. Since the weather got cold, I am afraid of taking the baby out in the jogging stroller. Being a single mom, I just can't afford my gym membership anymore. I cancelled it months ago. I found some weights at a garage sale, I used them for a few weeks, then I put them in the closet and forgot they were there.

My weight loss is going just fine, but I need to excercise. How do I get motivated? No matter what diet I'm on, I have a hard time working out... unless I'm going to the gym. Then its easy.

I may just have to find a way to get another gym membership and tough it out... they have daycare there too. That is awesome.

Any hints on motivation? Maybe a naked picture of myself on every wall of my house! haha

Dana

Just find something you like.

Maybe you can pick up an old Xbox and a DDR pad/game? Should be relatively cheap, and nobody needs to know you're bouncing around to techno :pray2:

Yep I find that even exerise videos help. You can do it at home by your self but fell like you are working out w a group. And is much cheeper then the gym HOWEVER you still have to stick with which ever one you decide to do. And another idea is if you have a ex. bike or tread mill you can watch TV and it goes by soo fast, and if you have the kind of cable that you can record shows its a good way to catch up on soaps.

Good luck

Okay, DDR is kind of fun. haha.

Seriously, though, you're just going to have to motivate yourself. The truth of the matter is that you can't not exercise. Just do it whether you want to or not and it will pay off in the end.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it wasn't till someone mentioned that to me that I actually put effort into changing my way.

Something fun to do, too, is to TIVO or tape shows that are on FIT TV or another channel like that if you have cable or dish. Then, you can do it when your day allows based on what your kids are doing. Even when my kid was a toddler, he would sit on my stomach while I did abs any try to do the exercises with me! It can be fun and what a great role model to your children!!! Also, most libraries have tapes or DVDs you can check out and if you have NETFLIX, you can order TONS of things to do!

I can have all the DVD's / Equipment / etc. but all they will do is collect dust. I have to get out of the house, whether thats' walking (realize it's winter) or the gym. Do you have a local YMCA or does your School District open up the gyms in the evenings for Adults? Somtimes these 2 options might be easier / cheaper than to smack down a bunch of cash to join a gym with monthly membership fees. I would call around,

Those are all such great ideas. I really enjoy walking the baby in the jogging stroller. Even though its cold out, my friends are saying its not gonna hurt the baby to take him out... bundle him up and go for it. I live in a foothill area, so the walk is pretty intense. I think I'll try tomorrow. and thanks for all the great motivation. I like the one that said just do it! haha

our local ymca has a track and they have days for mom's with strollers to walk the track and give baby a ride!!! They also have mom and baby work out classes and if you income meet certian guide lines they will help you with the membership dues. So check out you local y and see what they offer. I love the Y!!!! it is my best motivater besides my body bugg!!!

Good luck!!1

I also liked the reply from Neveragain. I'm struggling with finding motivation to exercise as well. I bought a small TV and DVD player to have near my exercise bike. I don't always feel like listening to music. I think I made a good decision! I've been watching various DVDs like Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, and South Park.

I've found that all the advice in the world isn't going to help me until I learn to help myself. Like Neveragain said, "we can't not do it."

I must say, I'm loving LBT. :rose:

Banded 10/3/07

3 fills; now at 6.5 cc

Highest Weight 311

Day of Consultation 299

Current 266

:(

I really like what Neveragain had to say as well. I'm also struggling with finding the motivation to exercise. I bought a small TV and DVD player to have near my exercise bike. It's definitely helping, because I don't always want to listen to music. I like watching comedies like Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, and South Park.

Little things like taking steps instead of elevators, parking farther away, dancing around the house (or maybe even the office) all help, too!

Like Neveragain said, "we can't not do it." If we want to be successful, we must put in the effort. It's not easy!

Banded 10/3/07

Heighest weight 311

Consultation weight 299

Current weight 266

:(

I've been somewhat in the same rut. As soon as the cold weather arrived, I stopped walking. Then started doing nothing. Glanced at my exercise bike every so often, but found every excuse not to get on it. I finally got fed up a few days ago and hopped on it. I was amazed at my deconditioning. That is what really has motivated me. I look forward each day now to get on the bike, and try to outdo my time on it from the previous day. And I love the feeling afterwards, knowing that I'm doing the right thing.

I wish I could motivate others on this one. I love running, really love it. I had to make myself do it at first but I figured I was desperate enough to have weight loss surgery then I was f.&(#g well going to pull my finger out and do the work alongside it, you know? Like what more motivation is there?

So I did it. I plugged away day after day and gradually I came to truly love it. Now I know for sure that it WORKS, so even when I dont feel motivated intrinsically I know how necessary it is for me to maintain my weight, in fact I'd say it is more than half the equation.

Definitely with a young baby I'd choose something with daycare, here I could run all year with a baby in a stroller but Melbourne's climate is very mild, no such thing as snow in metropolitan Melbourne!

Even so, you need to learn to make exercise a priority, other things have to suffer and I'm extremely selfish about my exercise time. You have to be. I also invested in a decent home treadmill even though I really dont have the space for one (no basements in our houses) so that I am never at the mercy of rain or very hot weather.

Quite simply put, if you dont exercise you wont be one of the 100% of excess weight lost (and MORE) stats, you'll be one of the 60% of excess weight loss stats.

Also, a huge thing for me was not only losing weight but shedding that awful lazy good for nothing personality. That pathetic excuse driven existence was equally as unattractive and depressing to me as being fat was, and I vowed never ever to be like that again. Just do it really is my motto now.

I'll admit, it's been a week since I posted this and I still haven't gotten off my &^% to exercise. Geez.... I have weights I am going to take out of my closet tonight. I am going to start small....

15 min weights, upper body for the next week. Then, I'm going to add to it....

Wish me luck!