Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wake-up Call....Recommiting to my band!

I've had my band for 3 years. I have lost 90lbs. While this is great, I could have done a lot better. I have not been a model bandster for the last year. I recently thought my band had slipped & went through Hades for a month with reflux/aspiration nightly. It wasn't slipped. My stoma was so irritated that it was almost swollen shut. Now I am completely unfilled & will be starting over with the fills in 3 weeks. I get another chance! I know there are people out there who would love to have a band & for various reasons can't get one. I'm not throwing this away again! I am recommiting right now!!!!!!!

I've been recommitting every day for the last 3 weeks... think this time it might work! :smile: Congratulations on the 90 lbs. I have lost 29 lbs (may have put a couple back on but not weighing myself right now). I have another 57 to go to get to goal.

I have been at a standstill with the month of December. I have gotten WAY off track. I got my 4th fill Friday. Tomorrow I am doing my food diary again and last week I started my swim class again. I have a long way to go and dont want to stop now. Lets get this ball rolling DOWNhill again.

Recommitting here, too! I have been off the bandwagon for almost as long as I was on it!!! Lost almost 60, but regained almost 40. Time to lose that 40 and 40 more!!!!

Jessiebear, we are identical! I've been banded 3 years and have now been unfilled due to stomach irritation for a month. I go back on Tuesday and get a fill of 1.8. My doc said she would put in 1.8 and then slowly work me back up to a sweet spot. I was at 2.9 when I got so irritated and she took it all out. I have to say, having NO restriction made me recommit! While exercise has been easy for me to do, I have upped it to more intense again and have really cleaned up my diet (my weakness). I could not believe how much sugar I was eating! SO, for a month, I've pulled back to Protein, logging ALL the food I eat each day, and I even bought a body bugg to help me monitor te food vs. burn rate. I have to say, the bugg has been an eye opener for me and I'm glad I got it. SO, we are in this together! I can't wait to hear your success! Keep us in touch and I'll do the same! Good luck!!! I'm with YOU!

What is a body bugg?

Harriet, you got it girl!! That's wild! We even started out at almost the same weight. I was 360lbs. Good luck with your fill. Are you nervous? I don't get a fill until January 30th. I realized today that I can eat & have absolutely no restriction. Very scarey!!!!

Bodybugg is a device you wear to track calories in and out. you can get them online. Search the forum for Bodybugg... ull find lots of posts!

Jessiebear, I got a 1.8 cc fill on Tues after a month of no restriction. I did really well during my month "off" and the recommitment to the band is going well, too. I have to say that my body bugg has really shown me how slow my metabolism is and how hard i have to work and how little I can eat to lose. SO, for about a month, I'm back to a min of 1 hour of hard cardio per day and lifting a few days a week. I'm really watching my food. I was so happy to get a fill...I'm still not very restricted, but can go back in 2 weeks for .4ccs again. They want to fill me back up slowly and so far I'm doing just great! I would love to hear how you are doing!!! Rose

Hey Rose!! I'm thrilled for you!! I can't wait to get some fill back. I didn't realize exactly how tight my band was. It's really weird being able to eat. As soon as they took the fill out of my band my stomach growled & it has been growling ever since. 5 minutes after I eat it starts growling again. I don't think I have truely been full yet. So far I have been doing really well. I'm not gaining - just maintaining. I'm eating lots of Lean Cuisines! I get some fill put back on January 30th. I will not get it filled back as tight as it was. I know now that it was too tight. They gave me a little card showing too little - perfect - & too tight. I had all of the symptoms of being too tight. Thank God it didn't slip!!!!! I have recommited to my band, now I have to recommit to exercising!! My hat goes off to you in that area!!! The first night & the day after they took my fill out I had terrible pain & what amounted to esophageal spasms & being really irritated. I was put on carafate 4 times a day & prevacid twice a day. I am back to normal now. I feel great!!! I'm really happy for you!! Keep up the great work! & keep me informed! TTYL!! ---Jess