Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks to whoever setup this section. Having weight loss surgery seems like only a chick thing, so I wonder if I've lost my membership to the men's club.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter what other's think. What matters is losing the weight and living better. So that's my frame of mind now.

I just got banded on Monday, December 31st. I'm nearing the end of the clear liquid diet phase. It can't end soon enough for me. How's everyone else doing? If you've done it, was it worth it?

As far as I am concerned, It takes a bigger man to realize that he needs the assistance of a medical device to help his health than a man that says "I can do it myself" and ends up dead at 45 and 400 lbs. with a family left behind to mourn.

I am glad I made the decision in my 20's and finally got banded just before I turned 30. I have a much longer life ahead of me with my boys and my wife now!

Congrats and welcome aboard!

What is that picture in your signature? Is that a Cicada poping out from its shell?

You hit the nail on the head!

I was banded in November '07. That makes me a November Nymph. Since I didn't want to put up a picture of one of those 'lil mythological wing-ed ladies, I chose the other type of Nymph. A bug! Down here in Waco, we have TONS of Cicadas in the summer and they bring back good memories of when I was a kid playing around with buddies and listening to those bugs singing!

Yeah, I remember my dog playing with the cicadas around our house. We had tons of them and their song was deafening. I haven't heard them that loud since those summers back home in Seguin.

Hey Big D,thumbs up on getting banded,I wa banded on 11-27-07,am eating regular foods,I have lost 45lbs so far,will get first fill 1-22-08,I have 119 to go,good luck,terry in topeka ks.

ltdman, just wondering who did your opp in Topeka. I'm going in Feb. 5th with Dr. Malley in KC.

I didnt really check around, had a friend who went to KC so that's why I went with him. Got friend's live in Topeka, wish now I would of checked out your Dr. . . . . . . . . .

Hey steve, John Hamilton,He is in the tallgrass building,very good Doctor,He also has had the surgery,good luck with your surgery,terry,I started out at 359,I am 314 now.

Big D You are right, it doesn't matter what other people think. You made the right decision to save your life.

Had mine done 10/26/07. Was doing good until the Holidays came and put on a few pounds but am back on track now. So it shows the band is a tool and not a cure all (but I sure wish it was!) I would certainly do it again and I'm still figuring out what I can and can't eat. Did find out I can't eat bagel's, not even one bite...PAIN.

Dave

DavidB,

Yea, I figure I'll have to battle my weight for the rest of life despite the help of the lap band. Plus I guess I'll have to exercise. So far, the Liquid Protein diet is dropping the pounds for me and I haven't been too terribly hungry.

Good luck to you.

I have had good support and really not a lot of bad feedback. I have many who are watching how I am doing and are considering the lap band for themselves.

I have lost 50 to 60 pounds in the past only to gain it back this last time before band I had gain back 40 pounds of what I had lost so they are watching to see if I gain it back again.

This time I believe I have found what I have been looking for. My problem was I was a binge eater and I was always hungry from 9 pm to 12 am, so I go to bed at 9 and get up at 5 to go walking for a couple of hours. Needless to say the band does not permit me to binge.