Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-scale Goals

I've really been enjoying reading the non-scale victories thread. But since I haven't had the surgery yet obviously I don't yet have any of those. It has got me thinking about what my goals/ hopes for the future are and I was wondering what things others are wishing for.

For me:

1) Regaining my fertility / becoming a mom

2) Being able to shop for non-plus sizes

3) Being able to hike / bike without foot or knee pain

4) Getting rid of my sleep apnea / not being tired all the time

5) being able to comfortably sit in stadium seating

6) Lowering my cholesterol

1. Less aching in my feet and joints

2. Being able to walk faster and longer

3. No more blood pressure meds (hopefully!)

4. Healthy lab work and no more prediabetes

5. Shopping in a store and not having to think "they probably don't have it in my size" or "that won't look good on me."

I was just thinking the same thing, about making my own NSV goals. Or whittling them down to a small list, anyway.

1. The ability to sit on the floor/ground, so that I can play with and train my dog

2. Walking more and eventually being able to jog and do 5ks

3. Kayaking

4. Swimming. My late grandfather swam competitively until he was in his 80s, so I'd love to get lessons at his swim club.

5. Wearing a bathing suit that's not a swim dress, and not feeling self-conscious about how I look

6. Shopping for non-plus size clothes

7. Reducing/eliminating meds & sleep apnea. Would love to not have to use a CPAP

3 hours ago, KathyVSG said:

These are so great, I would also add:

Tying my shoes without getting out of breath

Cross my legs with ease

Wondering if i am going to fit into the chair/airplane seat/roller-coaster etc.

Ooh yes, those are good! Tying shoes made me think of also not getting out of breath when I bend over to put my dog's harness and leash on/off.

Those are great! Mine would have to be:

- reducing the chance of developing hereditary health issuse (type 2 diabetes, micro strokes, heart issues, bp issues).

- Fitting in an airplane seat without asking for an extender.

- Being able to go on adventures with my husband and not have to feel the need to modify activites (Carlsbad Caverns, Grand Canyon, Horse back adventures in Europe).

- Reducing strain on my bad knee (8th grade VBall injury) and holding off a TKR for a few more years.

You will knock the NSV's out of the park for sure!

Hmmm... Mine are:

- No more diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and hopefully no more CPAP!

- Being able to fit into ANY booth.

- Fitting on a plane seat with room to spare and no extender.

- Climbing 2 flights of stairs to my apartment without being out of breath and in pain.

- Painting my toenails with my knee pulled up beside me.

- Walking more than a mile without having to rest.

- Walking the mall without having to rest.

- Crossing my legs under the table!

- No longer being afraid I'm going to break a chair and embarass myself. 💚