Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

For the past month I have been really sick and no one seems to know what’s wrong with me. I have been throwing up mucus about 5 times a day, where before I would dry heave a bit or spit up if I didn’t eat enough and drank too much Water on an empty stomach. I have begun to regret getting my gastric sleeve. It’s so depressing and sometimes I feel like my doctors aren’t even listening to me.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Or is anyone else dealing with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope they figure out what it is soon.

2nd-the only thought going through my head reading your post was "gallbladder". Do you still have a gallbladder? Have they checked it? When my gallbladder decided to act up, my symptoms did not present as a "typical" gallbladder. I had sort of a pressure in the center of my chest (not usual) and I would vomit foamy mucous. I felt overall sick, sort of like I had the flu, and I lived on crackers and tea for a long time. I think it took them almost 6 months to figure out what it was and only then it was because I insisted that they check it. They kept passing me off as "esophageal spasms" and at one point put me on valium. They told me it was to relax the muscles, then the next time, they had the audacity to say I had mental problems!

Doctors not listening is a real thing. But be persistent. Ask questions. Demand answers.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2019 at 08:14, mememomma said:



I'm so sorry to hear this. Have they done an endoscope on you


They have. I believe I’m getting my second one today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2019 at 08:15, S@ssen@ch said:



1st, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope they figure out what it is soon.




2nd-the only thought going through my head reading your post was "gallbladder". Do you still have a gallbladder? Have they checked it? When my gallbladder decided to act up, my symptoms did not present as a "typical" gallbladder. I had sort of a pressure in the center of my chest (not usual) and I would vomit foamy mucous. I felt overall sick, sort of like I had the flu, and I lived on crackers and tea for a long time. I think it took them almost 6 months to figure out what it was and only then it was because I insisted that they check it. They kept passing me off as "esophageal spasms" and at one point put me on valium. They told me it was to relax the muscles, then the next time, they had the audacity to say I had mental problems!




Doctors not listening is a real thing. But be persistent. Ask questions. Demand answers.




Good luck!


Oh my god. Yes! That sounds exactly like what I’m going through. I’m meeting with them today, I’ll ask about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jmccaffrey said:

Oh my god. Yes! That sounds exactly like what I’m going through. I’m meeting with them today, I’ll ask about it.

One word of advice: if they try to pass you off on it, ask for a liver panel (also included in a comprehensive metabolic panel).

When I went in and asked them to check my gallbladder, they still weren't convinced, but to appease me they did some blood work and my liver enzymes were out of wack. The doctor asked me if I drank alcohol. He said either I'm an alcoholic or my gallbladder might be acting up. When the ultrasound came back showing problems with my gallbladder, the doctor apologized to me and said he should have listened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2019 at 08:25, S@ssen@ch said:






One word of advice: if they try to pass you off on it, ask for a liver panel (also included in a comprehensive metabolic panel).




When I went in and asked them to check my gallbladder, they still weren't convinced, but to appease me they did some blood work and my liver enzymes were out of wack. The doctor asked me if I drank alcohol. He said either I'm an alcoholic or my gallbladder might be acting up. When the ultrasound came back showing problems with my gallbladder, the doctor apologized to me and said he should have listened to me.


You may have just saved me so much pain and heart ache. I could not be more grateful for you. I will ask them to do that today when I have my appointment. I’ve been feeling like I’m going crazy. Honestly, thank you so much, you’re a life saver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jmccaffrey said:

You may have just saved me so much pain and heart ache. I could not be more grateful for you. I will ask them to do that today when I have my appointment. I’ve been feeling like I’m going crazy. Honestly, thank you so much, you’re a life saver.

It’s awful what you’re going though . I really hope you get sorted soon , but you’re reaction to the last reply was so lovely . I hope they listen to you .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Billy Bob  »  lvidacovich

      Drink Muscle Milk. lol  Gt 60 to 90 gm quality Protein & daily vitimins, good sleep, walking & resistant ( weight /bands/squats ) You absolutely build muscle. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      I received my nutrition book and checklist today! I am so very excited (and a tad bit scared too) Each day this is becoming a reality!
      I created a new blog post about how BRAVE we all are for doing this. Because I think we are! Most of us know the horrors of people calling us nasty names, saying we can't control ourselves, we are easy targets for people's verbal attacks! But I feel we are BRAVE because we are taking control over our lives and creating a new world of happiness.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Today I scheduled my mental evaluation and my nutritionist appointments. Yes, we are moving along quiet nice.  December 9th will be here before you know it.
      I have informed my inner circle of family about the surgery and I will be keeping it in my CORE!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • drac2you

      Well, it has been a while since I posted here, but my journey continues. As for breaking my stall, I was able to get down to 214 with the help of a friend via our Fitbit fitness trackers which has made me ecstatic! Since that has happened I was fortunate enough to have my insurance company approve a panniculectomy to remove the panniculus (THIS is the correct term, NOT pannus, see this reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/panniculus) that has been deviling me for years, even before I had bariatric surgery. It was to the point that it was hanging down far enough to cover my pubic area, covered half my thighs when I would sit, and also drooped between my legs which I could hardly manage to keep together when sitting. For any males that may read this, for a woman that is pretty uncivilized, not to mention, unladylike especially when wearing a dress or skirt - just looks slovenly to say the least. Despite the numerous skin issues I had the last couple of years, my health insurance insisted the procedure was cosmetic... 🤐 . I would guess no one that is saying so has been in the bariatric patient's shoes. The damn thing was just getting to be a self-esteem killer in addition to a medical nuisance requiring many visits to my primary care physician, and interfering with my mobility. Now, I realize there are folks with more egregious panniculus sag issues, but the fact that it interferes with mobility is an important consideration.
      One thing I have to say is that this surgery is drastically different from any other I've had. Things occur that are deemed routine, expected even, after a panniculectomy that would be downright unacceptable after any other procedure. This plastic surgery experience is definitely a learning experience that is still unfolding as I key this entry. For one thing, the swelling is a story all it's own, I had no clue my abdomen could get so large, so quickly, without causing my skin to just split open - it's crazy! So far, I'm pleased to have been able to get this procedure despite may be perceived as drawbacks, just to get the pendulous adipose tissue demon off of my person. Here are a few links to information about this procedure for anyone considering it in the future:
      https://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide.com/panniculectomy/ https://www.healthline.com/health/panniculectomy https://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/tummy-tuck/panniculectomy/ https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/panniculectomy/safety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK499822/ I hope you find this information helpful. I will provide updates periodically on my progress of this surgical recovery. Have a wonderful day! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Panda333

        Thank you and good luck to you!

      2. SabrinaGoddess

        WOW, thank you for sharing all this with us!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×