Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 hours ago, 1-Chance said:

When is the best time post-op to start routine workouts?

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

Your surgeon will give you a time frame. My Dr had me walking the day after surgery to help the healing process. I continued to walk until I was released from my lifting restrictions.

I started doing cardio at the gym two weeks post-op, then strength training/weights 6 weeks post-op.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• freetobeme

Behavioral modification is the key... I went to my first session of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and it was incredible! We talked about the purpose behind certain unwanted behaviors as all behavior is developed to serve a purpose, being ready, willing and able, thought mapping (finding the origin/pattern of thought that ultimately contributes to certain unwanted behaviors), and replacing one behavior with another that's as equally rewarding, if not more.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Enidmagali

Hi, I’m scheduled for surgery on June, 24. I’m so excited, but nervous at the same time. 
      · 0 replies
    • allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Thanks! I'm going to ask about that one.

• ms.sss

Having another blah food day today.  My lunch has been sitting here with me for almost two hours and all I've managed to eat was maybe 1/2 oz of grilled chicken and 2 cucumber slices.  Eff it, I'm done.
      · 0 replies
    • Margaret698

Hello Everyone. I am new to this website. Everyone has encouraged me and  happy to say I am now scheduled for sleeve surgery on July 29th 19'. I am so grateful for sites like this for support and answers. Thank you to all and best of luck to you.

· 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs