Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Infected incision ?

Hey everyone, I was curious if somebody could tell me if this looks like a infected incision. There is coming very very little Fluid out of it which is clear in color.
I’m worried a bit if I should go to the hospital and check this out??

Excuse my break out, since the surgery I’m breaking out very badly, all over my face and body. But I hope you guys can help!

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

11 minutes ago, E.S said:

Hey everyone, I was curious if somebody could tell me if this looks like a infected incision. There is coming very very little Fluid out of it which is clear in color.
I’m worried a bit if I should go to the hospital and check this out??

Excuse my break out, since the surgery I’m breaking out very badly, all over my face and body. But I hope you guys can help!

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Looks like some serous drainage... wouldn't worry about it too much if it isn't hot too the touch or painful. No excessive reddening around the wound either. Do you have a fever at all?

On 09/06/2018 at 20:34, Matt Z said:

Looks like some serous drainage... wouldn't worry about it too much if it isn't hot too the touch or painful. No excessive reddening around the wound either. Do you have a fever at all?

Thank you for responding! I haven’t checked yet if I have a fever. I do feel kinda warm tho, but I don’t know if it’s because of the incision.
It doesn’t hurt when I touch it.

2 minutes ago, E.S said:

Thank you for responding! I haven’t checked yet if I have a fever. I do feel kinda warm tho, but I don’t know if it’s because of the incision.
It doesn’t hurt when I touch it.

If you do have a fever and it's over 100, get in touch with your surgeon or PCP ASAP. Otherwise, don't worry too much.

I had my largest incision leak clear fluids for almost 2 weeks after surgery. The nurses called it serosanguinous Fluid (I might be spelling that wrong). They said it's fine as long as it's not warm to the touch and didn't have a foul odor that would be found with an infection. If you aren't sure I'd ask your doctor though just to be certain.

On 09/07/2018 at 23:59, Crisdise said:

Hi, Your incision site does not look infected at all. Just make sure you continue using your antibacterial soap to wash your incisions.
Thank you for the advice 😊

Glad its better now. I'm having issues with one of mine and thought it was infected too. Turns out my body just isn't happy with one of the stitches in there and is trying to fight it.

On 09/08/2018 at 18:07, ChellNC said:

Glad its better now. I'm having issues with one of mine and thought it was infected too. Turns out my body just isn't happy with one of the stitches in there and is trying to fight it.

How is it fighting it ? Do you have a fever ? And are you going to the doctors ? Pleas take care xoxo

2 hours ago, E.S said:
2 hours ago, ChellNC said:

How is it fighting it ? Do you have a fever ? And are you going to the doctors ? Pleas take care xoxo

No fever. My nurse looked at it Thursday and she is the one who told me what it was. Sorry, I should have included that in my post. She said it's like when we get a splinter and stuff builds up around it since your body sees it as an invader of sorts. Thankfully that's the kind of reaction I'm having. It started oozing last weekend and the dr on call put me on antibiotics after I called about it. Thursday we were at the surgeon's office for my husband's follow-up. I asked to see my nurse while we were there just to get her opinion on it. I did NOT want to continue that terrible antibiotic if I didn't have to.

You take care as well. xoxo

When my son had spinal surgery, his incision drained a LOT. Doc said it was because the stitches under the skin were supposed to dissolve, but sometimes the body tries to "spit them out", hence the massive drainage.

Mine took similar and had some leakage. I went to the doctors to be sure. He looked them over and said they were fine. That it was normal for there to be some discharge. He said that I should only worry if the area become red and warm to the touch. He said those were sig a of infection.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app