Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored protein powder



Recommended Posts

Yes, I know it’s not flavorless. Did anyone do unflavored Protein powder in Water with Crystal Light instead of flavored Protein Drinks??? Such expense to figure out what you like and can tolerate. I think that might be the best option for me if the protein “taste” is masked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My doctor sells something called “Uninjury” I believe and it is the only one I can tolerate for a Protein Powder. He also has liquid flavor packets for Water that contain 14 grams of Protein and those I can tolerate...for the most part tastes like Koolaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rachel2018 said:

My doctor sells something called “Uninjury” I believe and it is the only one I can tolerate for a Protein Powder. He also has liquid flavor packets for Water that contain 14 grams of Protein and those I can tolerate...for the most part tastes like Koolaid.

Yes, Unjury is the kind I’m looking at. Ordering the unflavored and a sample pack of the flavors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngelaM258 said:

Yes, I know it’s not flavorless. Did anyone do unflavored Protein Powder in Water with Crystal Light instead of flavored Protein Drinks??? Such expense to figure out what you like and can tolerate. I think that might be the best option for me if the Protein “taste” is masked.

There are two unflavored Protein powders that I really like. The BariatricPal Protein One and GENEPRO work really well for me primarily because they blend in quickly and easily. There is definitely a flavor which I ususally mask easily in a Soup or broth.

But the BEST way to mask the flavor in my limited experience is to mix the protein powder with Water in the blender, then add ice, your sweetener of choice and then 1/2 of a Kool Aid packet (the tiny packets that you would usually mix with sugar) They taste just like a Kool Aid slushy! For a slightly different consistency, I've even added a couple tablespoons of sugar free Jello powder instead of Kool Aid and sweetener.

My husband blended up a couple of these ahead of time and tossed them in the freezer - those are fantastic after a nice outdoor swim in this heat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 8:28 PM, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

There are two unflavored Protein powders that I really like. The BariatricPal Protein One and GENEPRO work really well for me primarily because they blend in quickly and easily. There is definitely a flavor which I ususally mask easily in a Soup or broth.

But the BEST way to mask the flavor in my limited experience is to mix the Protein Powder with Water in the blender, then add ice, your sweetener of choice and then 1/2 of a Kool Aid packet (the tiny packets that you would usually mix with sugar) They taste just like a Kool Aid slushy! For a slightly different consistency, I've even added a couple tablespoons of sugar free Jello powder instead of Kool Aid and sweetener.

My husband blended up a couple of these ahead of time and tossed them in the freezer - those are fantastic after a nice outdoor swim in this heat!

Thanks for the information. I'm going to try your recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×