Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need A Miracle Worker In Nj!!!

Hey everybody!!! I am so exicitng to have recently joined the Lap Band Forum!!! I love it here!! Everyone is so embracing and loving!! We should really look to have some kind of meet up 2gether somewhere a whole group of us banders and banders to be!!! But anyway that's another tell. I NEED A REALLY GOOD DOC IN NJ. I just recently just started my lap band journey and I am so amped for surgery I just want to jump out of my skin. I am looking forward to this exciting transformation of myself. I just hope and pray that everything will go well with my surgery. I love looking at everyone's before and after pics!! I just lay in bed and look at them every night and vision myself!! LOL but yeat another story!! So back to business I need a really good NJ DR! It's open enrollment time at my employer and I have choosen to go with Amerihealth as my health insurance this year and I am so excited :confused:!! I initially had Aetna and I really liked them but when I called to find out if they covered this surgery they said 6-8 month diet and all this stuff. So good thing it was enrollment time!!! I immediately started calling around to all the other insurances that my company (Mckesson Corporation) were offering us this year. One told me I had to be 21 or over (??? what the hell is that about I am only 20 :heh:) And than I called Amerihealth they said a 3 month post op IF needed it's not guaranteed but I dont mind 3 months but 6 that's a little bit crazy!! So Amerihealth is will be and from the isurance reads most people are covered!! I am 20 and my BMI IS 48!!!!!! No co-morbitities except for knee and back pains!! But gyn said I won't be able to have any baby's if I don't lose weight :faint: so I gotta get this crap off cause I have to give my husband some babies!! And I am getting a flexible spending acct putting away 1500 for surgery!!! So I am ecstatic. I just ope everything goes accordingly!! I am sooooo ready for this I can taste it. And I already exercise and diet now but nothing seems to be working. And I can't make the gamble of putting on more weight in effort of trying to lose!! SO I need an NJ DR someone really good!! I am not a fan of pain so someone who can't fill their band in their belly!! Refer me to that Dr!! WANTED: VERY CARING PASSIONATE NJ DR!! I WANT MARVELOUS RESULTS LOL LIKE I SAID I NEED A MIRACLE WORKER!!!

well I am in Southern NJ closer to Philly but If my surgery is going to be at northern NJ hospital that's fine but I would like some where kinda close though.... who is this Ballantyne ?? Where would I get fills afterwards??

I used Dr Kirkland at Penn Hospital. I love him... I had my surgery 10/5/07... He is a great doc with a great bedside manor... He knows his stuff... I have told many people to go to him after they have seen others & they have thanked me for telling them about such a wonderful doctor.

Dr. Abkin is my surgeon...he's out of Morristown, NJ and so far everythings been great. The patient education and the office staff are very good. I was approved within less than a week after submitting the paperwork to BCBS.... and he's on NJ Monthly's list of the Best Doctors in NJ under Bariatric Surgeons... He does surgeries in three different hospitals, so you can pick the one that's closest to you....

www.alsbariatricsurgery.com