Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Post-op Summary

My summary after 1 week:

1. Room temp and warm fluids tolerated best.

2. New stomach did lots of "growling" but rejected nothing.

3. Nausea meds gave me a headache and made me dizzy.

4. Hunger still lives on! Surprised -- didn't expect that at all!

5. Cravings for a graham cracker on day 5, then club crackers on day 6.

6. Advice? Don't try to rush things - slow and steady gets you there. Stay ahead of hunger with Proteins.

7. Regrets? Wish I had added 1 tsp Benefiber to each Protein Drink to avoid Constipation.

8. Haven't managed 64oz fluids daily - only up to 48oz

9. Naps are wonderful.

10. Making grocery list for things I can soon have - cottage cheese, V8, creamy Soups, spinach added to smoothies, applesauce, etc

How does this compare with other experiences after one week?

I am one week post op tomorrow. My experience is similar:

1. Walking is what got me feeling better. I can also tell that it helps with digestion.

2. I have had some Constipation as well but was lucky enough to read that ahead of time so I made sure to have a stool softener on hand.

3. Burping was very bad on post op days one and two. Days 3 and 4 was gas rumbling in my stomach with was somewhat relieved with Gas X. Days 5 and 6 I have some burping and minimal gas.

4. I haven't felt full on hunger yet. I've tried to stay ahead of the curve. But that doesn't mean I still don't crave everything else. I wanted to slap my husband for eating the pizza I ordered for him and my daughter for dinner. lol

5. I am able to tolerate liquids very well and am able to keep down all meds and Vitamins. I haven't thrown up.

6. I've experience sleep changes. It takes me a lot longer to fall asleep than it used to.

7. I am healing nicely but have one spot that is bigger than the rest and much sorer than the others. I have trouble sleeping on my side due to the uncomfortable way it makes me feel.

I am set for my post op visit tomorrow and hope to be cleared for the next diet phase yogurt, cottage cheese, pureed foods. Sounds like you are on the up and up as well! Congrats!!!

2 hours ago, nibble said:

My summary after 1 week:

1. Room temp and warm fluids tolerated best.

2. New stomach did lots of "growling" but rejected nothing.

3. Nausea meds gave me a Headache and made me dizzy.

4. Hunger still lives on! Surprised -- didn't expect that at all!

5. Cravings for a graham cracker on day 5, then club crackers on day 6.

6. Advice? Don't try to rush things - slow and steady gets you there. Stay ahead of hunger with Proteins.

7. Regrets? Wish I had added 1 tsp Benefiber to each Protein Drink to avoid Constipation.

8. Haven't managed 64oz fluids daily - only up to 48oz

9. Naps are wonderful.

10. Making grocery list for things I can soon have - cottage cheese, V8, creamy Soups, spinach added to smoothies, applesauce, etc

How does this compare with other experiences after one week?

That is wonderful! Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Tracy1978 said:

I am one week post op tomorrow. My experience is similar:

1. Walking is what got me feeling better. I can also tell that it helps with digestion.

2. I have had some Constipation as well but was lucky enough to read that ahead of time so I made sure to have a stool softener on hand.

3. Burping was very bad on post op days one and two. Days 3 and 4 was gas rumbling in my stomach with was somewhat relieved with Gas X. Days 5 and 6 I have some burping and minimal gas.

4. I haven't felt full on hunger yet. I've tried to stay ahead of the curve. But that doesn't mean I still don't crave everything else. I wanted to slap my husband for eating the pizza I ordered for him and my daughter for dinner. lol

5. I am able to tolerate liquids very well and am able to keep down all meds and Vitamins. I haven't thrown up.

6. I've experience sleep changes. It takes me a lot longer to fall asleep than it used to.

7. I am healing nicely but have one spot that is bigger than the rest and much sorer than the others. I have trouble sleeping on my side due to the uncomfortable way it makes me feel.

I am set for my post op visit tomorrow and hope to be cleared for the next diet phase yogurt, cottage cheese, pureed foods. Sounds like you are on the up and up as well! Congrats!!!

Pizza... yum! I actually talked about pizza today with my counselor. Keep up the awesome work!