Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!

Hello all,

I am currently two months post op and have been craving coffee. I used to drink two cups a day. Was a regular at my local Starbucks. I mean I was addicted haha. Now a days I am afraid but want to have something to curve my craving. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could have? Or maybe some ideas on what are your go to coffee drinks? Please send help

You can drink decaff coffee! The main reason you can't have caffeinated coffee is due to it being a diuretic which can cause issues with your Fluid intake. My nutritionist said as soon as people are exceeding their fluid intake, she allows regular coffee back. I made the switch to decaff at the beginning of the process, as I like you am a coffee addict. I kid you not I would drink anywhere between 3-5 cups of coffee a day. Not sure if I will go back to the caffeinated version or not post-surgery since Decaf tastes the same.

However how do you take your coffee? I've experimented with multiple different "decaf coffee lattes" to try to mimic my favorites. If you drink it with light cream, then try adding 2tbs of vanilla Premier Protein. Adding more premier Protein gives it a more decadent taste. I personally cannot add more than 1/2 a pp because it becomes wayyy to sweet.

You can try the other flavors as well. My favorite hands down is 4oz dark roast coffee + 1/2 Caramel premier protein, pop in the microwave for 45 seconds and you have yourself a foam-free macchiato!

You can drink decaff coffee! The main reason you can't have caffeinated coffee is due to it being a diuretic which can cause issues with your Fluid intake. My nutritionist said as soon as people are exceeding their Fluid intake, she allows regular coffee back. I made the switch to decaff at the beginning of the process, as I like you am a coffee addict. I kid you not I would drink anywhere between 3-5 cups of coffee a day. Not sure if I will go back to the caffeinated version or not post-surgery since Decaf tastes the same.
However how do you take your coffee? I've experimented with multiple different "decaf coffee lattes" to try to mimic my favorites. If you drink it with light cream, then try adding 2tbs of vanilla Premier Protein. Adding more premier Protein gives it a more decadent taste. I personally cannot add more than 1/2 a pp because it becomes wayyy to sweet.
You can try the other flavors as well. My favorite hands down is 4oz dark roast coffee + 1/2 Caramel Premier Protein, pop in the microwave for 45 seconds and you have yourself a foam-free macchiato!

I didn’t even think about adding premier Proteins to decaf coffee. I used to always get iced mochiattos at Starbucks. So I think I might try caramel pure Protein with decaf coffee and some ice and see how it goes. Thank you so much!

When I am feeling the need I have a Decaf skinny vanilla latte. They use fat free milk and sugar free flavoring. The only drawback is the number of carbs.

At home I use a decaf flavored ground coffee and add Fat Free coffeemate.

4 hours ago, BeautyQueen218 said:

I didn’t even think about adding premier Proteins to Decaf coffee. I used to always get iced mochiattos at Starbucks. So I think I might try caramel pure Protein with decaf coffee and some ice and see how it goes. Thank you so much!

having done this as well, its great! :)

You should try the nectar brand Protein powders in the Vanilla Latte or one of the other coffee flavors. All the ones that I have tried have been delicious and you can buy a sample pack to try or a tub of powder.