Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie Intake for weight loss after weight gain.

Hi,

I am 6 1/2 years post op (gastric bypass), I’ve gained 54 pounds since my lowest weight of 245. I’m not up at 299 and need to loose the weight. I’ve taken the necessary steps to make it happen, but am struggling with my calorie goal each day (logging on My Fitness Pal), I can’t seem to pass the 900(ish) calorie goal, I’m eating VERY CLEAN and Lean. Is this too little calories or should I be consuming more?

I do work out one on one with a trainer 3 times a week, and 2 other days, I’ll do Home walks and what not.

In the past i went with calories suggested from MFP, and I lost 2 pounds in 2.5months (I was working out hard, and eating right, but eating the 1,875 calories MFP recommended. So this didn’t work for me.

My trainer is training with other bypass ladies and says their goals are 1200-1300. Day.

I can’t even eat that much unless I chose to go with pizza and icecream.

Help me please, what should my calorie intake be to lose weight?

I do realize my macros should be 60g of Protein, but I’m clueless on fats and carbs too.

Ugh, I’m so frustrated.

23 minutes ago, merylinda said:

Hi,

I am 6 1/2 years post op (gastric bypass), I’ve gained 54 pounds since my lowest weight of 245. I’m not up at 299 and need to loose the weight. I’ve taken the necessary steps to make it happen, but am struggling with my calorie goal each day (logging on My Fitness Pal), I can’t seem to pass the 900(ish) calorie goal, I’m eating VERY CLEAN and Lean. Is this too little calories or should I be consuming more?

I do work out one on one with a trainer 3 times a week, and 2 other days, I’ll do Home walks and what not.

In the past i went with calories suggested from MFP, and I lost 2 pounds in 2.5months (I was working out hard, and eating right, but eating the 1,875 calories MFP recommended. So this didn’t work for me.

My trainer is training with other bypass ladies and says their goals are 1200-1300. Day.

I can’t even eat that much unless I chose to go with pizza and icecream.

Help me please, what should my calorie intake be to lose weight?

I do realize my macros should be 60g of Protein, but I’m clueless on fats and carbs too.

Ugh, I’m so frustrated.

pizza and Ice cream won't do it for you..lol

I'm sure other bypass patients have good advice.You can also check with your bariatric team

I'm a sleeve at 1200 to 1300 My Protein goal is 100+ I eat 6 times a day. Low carb. Healthy fats ( I still log in myfitnesspal)

Thank you! Yea, sadly they won’t lol
My calorie intake eating as I would say like a beast Protein after protein yesterday was about 600.

Thankfully, I realized where I was gaining all the weight gain, it was from alcohol, I could drink a bottle of wine like it’s no ones business as I cleaned my home.
So I quit the fun drinking and now am just focusing on fueling my body with what it needs

Wine is rather caloric. I am glad you found one potential cause but there could be more. Can you go to see a dietitian that specializes in post-op, bariatric surgery patients? Maybe they can help you get to the bottom of this.

pizza and Ice cream won't do it for you..lol
I'm sure other bypass patients have good advice.You can also check with your bariatric team
I'm a sleeve at 1200 to 1300 My Protein goal is 100+ I eat 6 times a day. Low carb. Healthy fats ( I still log in myfitnesspal)

Thanks again. Are you trying to lose weight or maintain?

Wine is rather caloric. I am glad you found one potential cause but there could be more. Can you go to see a dietitian that specializes in post-op, bariatric surgery patients? Maybe they can help you get to the bottom of this.

The next available is in 10 days, so was trying to just stay on some sort of track before seeing her. Not even sure where i should set my calories till then.

Good on you for taking a positive action!