Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you hungry?

Hello everyone. I was banded on Oct. 12 my post op diet progression book says: "STOP eating as soon as you are full. DO NOT overstuff your pouch."

That is fine and all but, I guess I am having a hard time determining what full even feels like. I am so afraid to over-eat that I stop eating the second I think I am content. But, I am not sure if it's enough because I am hungry 40 minutes later.

So, I want to know, what does it feel like, to you , to be full-- not stuffed but full.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am so afraid to over-eat that I stop eating the second I think I am content. But, I am not sure if it's enough because I am hungry 40 minutes later.

Alwayscurious,

If you feel content then that is when you need to stop eating. I know people think they require more food than what they are now able to eat. It is a habit that needs to be broken with us. Your natural stomach can only hold a cup of food in it and that is prior to you stretching it in your past. Now that the band is there, they say you shouldn't eat more than a half a cup full and you should still leave a spoonful on your plate. The trick is to eat very slow, and chew your food very well. Try to take 20 mins. to eat. If you overeat you may have a sign of a chest pain. I was also afraid to overeat because I didn't want to experience throwing up. In between time drink your Water. I drink 96oz. a day. This will help you stay full until your next meal.

Josephine

251/142

Maintained loss for 1 year and 3 months.clap2.gif

Surgery Nov. 10, 2005

Sounds like the swelling has gone done in your body and will be ready for a fill. I felt the same way a couple of weeks after being banded. I had a fill on 10/15/07 and can tell that I need another fill. The band has help me to slow down when eating. I can tell when I eat to fast. Keep in mind that everyone is differant and you will have to exp. with things.

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches