Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY in TWO DAYS!!!!

So I am scheduled to undergo RNY Gastric Bypass tomorrow and am on the 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet. In the guideline that my patient coordinator sent me it stated that I could have chicken broth, went to Hale and Hearty for lunch and they did not have chicken noodle Soup (I was going to just drink the broth) so instead I bought the lobster bisque :48_weary: Now I'm terrified even though the bisque was very creamy without anything in it at all. Anyone on here know if I'm screwed or if the bisque was okay to eat?

I can't speak for whether or not it's ok. ((hugs)) Just wanted to say good luck and you're in my prayers!!

The definition of Full liquids in the manual I received prior to surgery indicated these are foods that have a semi-solid or pudding like consistency. That definition includes strained cream Soups. So I think lobster bisque (if strained) would qualify as full liquids.

The definition given on the internet for a clear liquid diet consists of Clear Liquids or foods that turn to liquids at room temperature.

So based on this, I believe you are fine.

Good luck on your surgery and let us know how it went when you are on the other side.

The definition of Full liquids in the manual I received prior to surgery indicated these are foods that have a semi-solid or pudding light consistency. That definition includes strained cream Soups. So I think lobster bisque (if strained) would qualify as full liquids.
The definition given on the internet for a clear liquid diet consists of Clear Liquids or foods that turn to liquids at room temperature.
So based on this, I believe you are fine.
Good luck on your surgery and let us know how it went when you are on the other side.

Thank you for the info

Good lunch to you - my surgery is in 8 hours. Probably time to try and sleep,

Best of luck, talk again when we are both with it again!

Good lunch to you - my surgery is in 8 hours. Probably time to try and sleep,
Best of luck, talk again when we are both with it again!

Hi [emoji1423]. How was the procedure. I’m waiting now to be called in to change into my gown. [emoji51]

I think you are in theatre as I type this.

I am a bit sore now, 13 hours post op, but very manageable. It is 1am and was woken for blood pressure, and got ice. Might be my nicest foot this week!!

I am a bit sore now, 13 hours post op, but very manageable. It is 1am and was woken for blood pressure, and got ice. Might be my nicest foot this week!!

So glad you're recovery is going well, minus being awaken at 1am. I'm sure your sleep will improve once you are home.

Hi [emoji1423]. How was the procedure. I’m waiting now to be called in to change into my gown. [emoji51]

I'm so happy for you. Your surgery date came so quick after your approval. I look forward to hearing more about your recovery.

I know the feeling. I was woken up at 3 as well and the discomfort from gas is the only issue I am having. Such a headache. So now I am up walking around. Did they say when you are able to go home?

I'm so happy for you. Your surgery date came so quick after your approval. I look forward to hearing more about your recovery.

Thank you. They gave me my date before the approval. I was so afraid I wouldn’t get approved by the date but I called insurance every other day lol. Recovery is going well. My only issue is the discomfort from gas.

Thank you. They gave me my date before the approval. I was so afraid I wouldn’t get approved by the date but I called insurance every other day lol. Recovery is going well. My only issue is the discomfort from gas.

Gotcha...that is the way my Drs office does it too. Awesome way to be proactive. I had to call my Drs office to see if they had everything twice and I'm so glad I did. I did not want missing items not to be checked off the list. The first time I called, they said they needed the EKG, but they had it. The EKG was embedded within the many pages of the stress test and the second time I checked in with them they were missing my preop physical, so I called my primary Dr and the paperwork faxed to them. Sometimes it is good to be proactive and check on theses different offices. I believe they have so many patients and they do not have enough staff to keep up with all the paperwork.

Sorry to hear about your gas pain. Hopefully it will subside soon for you.

Gotcha...that is the way my Drs office does it too. Awesome way to be proactive. I had to call my Drs office to see if they had everything twice and I'm so glad I did. I did not want missing items not to be checked off the list. The first time I called, they said they needed the EKG, but they had it. The EKG was embedded within the many pages of the stress test and the second time I checked in with them they were missing my preop physical, so I called my primary Dr and the paperwork faxed to them. Sometimes it is good to be proactive and check on theses different offices. I believe they have so many patients and they do not have enough staff to keep up with all the paperwork.

Sorry to hear about your gas pain. Hopefully it will subside soon for you.

Very true. It’s best to stay on top of them. Luckily I was able to have pre-op visits in the same hospital so they all used the same system for document management but that didn’t stop me from emailing and calling after each visit lol. Pretty sure I drove my patient coordinator insane

Very true. It’s best to stay on top of them. Luckily I was able to have pre-op visits in the same hospital so they all used the same system for document management but that didn’t stop me from emailing and calling after each visit lol. Pretty sure I drove my patient coordinator insane

Wow...that is convenient. Lol...I probably would have done the same thing and called anyway too.