Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I had my surgery on 11/14 of last year. It's so hard to believe that it's been a year.

My first goal was to lose enough weight so that my surgeon would be able to perform a much needed surgery. He said I needed to lose 80-100 pounds first. I weighed 334 at the time. When I lost over 80 pounds, he scheduled my surgery and I had that in June.

So after that, I set another goal, which was to reach that 100 pound weight loss mark. I believe I reached that goal in August.

My newest goal was to reach 199 pounds on the scale by my 1 year mark. I almost made it, as I am four pounds away.

No picture to share today, but maybe I will soon. I still hate having my picture taken.

To everyone working hard on their weight loss journey, keep plugging away, the rewards are well worth the effort you put into it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo Hoo!!! Happy surgiversary!!!

Only 4 lbs... hurry! Get an enema and shave your head! You've got this!!

[Hugs] right there with you. (Scale said 203.8 this morning...!)

Fingers crossed for Christmas....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, too funny! I actually have the enema in the bathroom cabinet. Not a bad idea... but shave the head? I guess I won't go that far, I might regret it.

My scale read 203.6 this morning!

Oh yeah, you will definitely make it for Christmas!

Thanks, berry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80 pounds on your own is amazing! four pounds left. You got this. Congratulations on all the hard work of hitting your goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, mylighthouse said:

you will definitely make it for Christmas!

T'ain't 'bout me!! You'll make it way before Christmas too! (I like to keep my goals modest ;) ).

I agree.. if you still have that lovely long hair, it'd be a shame to shave it off this late in the game! Did you lose hair? (I lost at least half of mine...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Berry78 said:

T'ain't 'bout me!! You'll make it way before Christmas too! (I like to keep my goals modest ;) ).

I agree.. if you still have that lovely long hair, it'd be a shame to shave it off this late in the game! Did you lose hair? (I lost at least half of mine...).

You know, it was really funny. Had the sleeve in November, and never did really lose much hair. Then had major surgery this summer, and now I am losing tons of it. Been losing it for over a month now, but just in the last week I can tell it has slowed a little. I have very thick hair, but on top, right in front I can tell it has really thinned. I never did try Biotin, but always have been great about taking my Vitamins and getting 100 grams of Protein.

Did you have thick or thin hair prior to losing it? Either way, you will start growing it back in. Have you seen where some people have said that their naturally straight hair came back in curly? I am wondering what will happen with mine. I will probably get a bunch of grey hair! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, mylighthouse said:

You know, it was really funny. Had the sleeve in November, and never did really lose much hair. Then had major surgery this summer, and now I am losing tons of it. Been losing it for over a month now, but just in the last week I can tell it has slowed a little. I have very thick hair, but on top, right in front I can tell it has really thinned. I never did try Biotin, but always have been great about taking my Vitamins and getting 100 grams of Protein.

Did you have thick or thin hair prior to losing it? Either way, you will start growing it back in. Have you seen where some people have said that their naturally straight hair came back in curly? I am wondering what will happen with mine. I will probably get a bunch of grey hair! :)

I had really thick hair as a kid. It was average before the surgery, and now it's so thin! It hasn't started regrowing yet, but what is there did get a little curlier (I think because there is less weighing it down). It's always been curly though, so not a huge change.

Oh man, if it all comes back in grey, I'll have to punch someone...

Straight grey hair is sexy. Curly (wiry/frizzled) grey hair... *sob*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Berry78 said:

I had really thick hair as a kid. It was average before the surgery, and now it's so thin! It hasn't started regrowing yet, but what is there did get a little curlier (I think because there is less weighing it down). It's always been curly though, so not a huge change.

Oh man, if it all comes back in grey, I'll have to punch someone...

Straight grey hair is sexy. Curly (wiry/frizzled) grey hair... *sob*

Always wanted curly hair, but I am like you, grey and curly... no thanks. I would so do a hair dye if it went all grey and curly. I am approaching 50, and I don't want to look like a little old lady with the blue hair. It is bad enough when I see my face in the mirror that I can't seem to move past the jiggly loose skin under the chin. That has really put some years on my face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that too! Uuuhhgggg...

I'm 39, and had been looking younger, but as I lose more, my face is getting older...

Funniest thing. Get a mirror and put it in your lap. Look down at it. (This puts 50 years on my face!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×