Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! We are about to head to the hospital!
Much success to everyone else having surgery today.
:-)

Goodluck!!!! My surgery is today as well.

HT: 5'6"
HW: 251 -1/25/17
SW: 2xxlbs -7/19/17
GW: 140

How are you all feeling today?

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 200 GW 135

Fast recovery!!!! [emoji1374]

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Mich W

I got out of surgery at 11am. Woke up around 1-2 in so much pain. Had tons of back pain cause of the oxygen. My voice was raspy cause of the intubation. Stomach hard and swollen as a ball. I questioned my decision to every nurse and Dr I saw. They gave me Morphine in a machine which I press the button and it gives me morphine every 15mins. Feeling much better now. I started walking around 9pm when the anasthesia was wearing off. Was dizzy but I made It through. Finished phase 1: liquids yesterday. Today I start stage 2: Protein Shakes started peeing soon after I started walking. I was retaining all my urine after that first pee. Decided to walk more now I am a non stop pissing machine lol. Only problems I'm having now are gas pains. In which I'm taking gas x for. Having passed gas yet but hopefully I will this AM so I can go home tonight. They brought me all liquids at 8; SF Jello, Water bottle, Veggie broth, green tea. 3 sips of broth and I was full.

Glad you're moving around. Peppermint Green tea helped me with the gas.
I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Mich W

Mich W

Hi, I am doing good! Walking every couple of house, now I am able to drink Water (YAY) and keep my lips moisturized! :-)

Did the swallow test this morning, everything is fine.

Getting my pain medication every three hours.

How are you feeling ?

Today I'm feeling much better just gassy which is giving me back pains. Been off pain meds since 10am. Walking lots and urinating. Convinced staff I'm ready to go home. They made me drink 2 Protein Shakes to prove so lol how are you feeling?

Ps. I definitely can't walk straight. Super bloated

HT: 5'6"
HW: 251lb -1/25/17
SW: 230lb -7/19/17
GW: 140lb