Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VEGAN Better Than Bouillon Chicken & Beef flavor



Recommended Posts

Found these today on the website. There's a list of stores that they say will ship on request. No Beef & No chicken flavored broth/soup base. The vegetable broth is delicious! Can't wait to try these. Will be great for pre-op post-op & liquid diets.

http://www.betterthanbouillon.com/products/default.aspx?catid=3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look good, and I truly despise chicken broth, but I don't see any Protein in them and post-op EVERYTHING you eat should have protein in it. Just wanted to point that out. Maybe you have a protein you can add to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SEAHAWKS FAN! said:

Found these today on the website. There's a list of stores that they say will ship on request. No Beef & No chicken flavored broth/soup base. The vegetable broth is delicious! Can't wait to try these. Will be great for pre-op post-op & liquid diets.

http://www.betterthanbouillon.com/products/default.aspx?catid=3

I haven't ever had this brand, but I really do like these vegan bouillon cubes:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Edward-Sons-Not-Chick-n-Natural-Bouillon-Cubes-8-Cubes-9-g-Each/32711?gclid=CjwKEAjwxurIBRDnt7P7rODiq0USJADwjt5DAIbCjJfyRaWU2vimTIosuwoFh69rQ-jzDyZH7t93VhoCf7bw_wcB

I have found them at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Kroger, so just another option for you!

9 hours ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

They look good, and I truly despise chicken broth, but I don't see any Protein in them and post-op EVERYTHING you eat should have Protein in it. Just wanted to point that out. Maybe you have a protein you can add to it?

I've been plant-based for a long time now, so I don't know the answer to this, but...does animal-based broth have protein in it? My first three days post-op are Clear Liquids only and that is what my surgeon wants me to focus on. Protein starts on day 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ms. Brightside said:

I've been plant-based for a long time now, so I don't know the answer to this, but...does animal-based broth have Protein in it?

Yes, but not much. I would add protein to either one post-op. And seriously, I would prefer the vegan as well, the chicken broth is NASTY.

Edited by Navigating the Wilderness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could eat Better Than Bouillon chicken & Beef flavor but they have soy in it and soy doesn't agree with me :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×