Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A REALLY bad day!

Long Story:

I've been working with a temp agency, trying to find a job. The economy is bad here and therefore finding a job is not easy. SO, they send me on interview after intervie, submit my resume to dozens of employers...NOTHING.

THEN about a month ago, they call me with a sweet credit union teller job, just 2 miles from my house. I go on the interview, get called back by the temp agency and get told that the credit union president interveiwed several people and narrowed it down to me and another girl. SO, I took the bank teller test at her request. I got a 92%, not too shabby considering I've never been a teller!

THEN I get the call...they picked the other girl :)

SO, I took a job at Culver's (a fast food chain), making $7.25 an hour for a mon-fri position...not bad, but not my idea of a career move!

After working there 1 week, I get a call from the temp agency "Um, the girl that took the credit union job isn't sure it's a good fit for her. If she quits, would you want the position?" I said "Heck yeah!".

SO, the girl decides to quit, but said she'd stay until I was trained.

SO, I started last monday....trained quickly and was perfoming better than the girl that started two weeks before me. She was a nervous wreck with the money and froze at every computer transaction...it was painful to watch!

SO, today, I get called into the credit union president's office..."Um, Kim decided to stay, so even though you've fit in here perfectly, we're going ot have to let you go. BUT if anything opens up, you'll be our first call!"

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This girl QUIT! LET HER GO!!!! She's a nervous wreck....we ALL know she'll quit within the next month anyway and they'll have to rehire me AGAIN...only I won't take the job!

OK...venting over....it was just a sh*tty day!!!! I wanted to drown my sorrows in ice cream, but then I realized...I'd not only be depressed about losing a sweet job, but about gaining weight!!!!

Thanks for reading :think

I think you made right decision about job and not eating ice cream :-). Takes a lot of mental strength to make the decision and stick with it! I'm looking into lap band. Where did you have yours done? Costs? Thanks.

I think you made right decision about job and not eating ice cream :-). Takes a lot of mental strength to make the decision and stick with it! I'm looking into lap band. Where did you have yours done? Costs? Thanks.

Thanks ;)

I had it done in Green Bay Wisconsin. By Dr. James Kemmerling. My insurance covered 90% but it was around $19,000.

You can have it done cheaper other places and A LOT cheaper in Mexico. Good luck.

Hey Musical, you're only about 60 miles north of me! Sorry about the louzy job situation. I hope something better comes along real soon. Have you thought about taking some courses at NWTC? Anything in the medical field would probably have pretty good job placement percentages, and there are lots of programs that can be completed in less than a year.

Mylangrace: As you can see, I went to Mexico--it cost $7,000. The biggest problem with that for me was finding someone local to do the fills.

That is disgusting!! How dare they mess you about like that?? I'd would go down the gym and take it out on the punching bag - don't go for the ice cream.

Thanks for understanding everyone :grouphug:

The more I think about it, the more offended I get...so I just HAVE to let it go. It's just not good to keep feeling so negative, ya know?

lindaa: I'm probably only 30 miles north of you, or less, because I live in Manitowoc County...which is 40 miles south of Green Bay :eek: I'm not crazy about the medical field and only want to work part time any way.

I've been a stay at home mom since 1999. My youngest just started all day kindergarten and it's a great opportunity for me to work part time. I'm sure something will come up in an office one of these days, until then, I'll keep temping. :D I need to make some moo-la to pay off these medical bills that insurance didn't cover. :D