Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone "into" interior decorating?

I'd like to find some people to bounce ideas off of, share ideas, etc. I find the decorating messageboards are a bit too elitist and cliquey for my taste.

Sure! I went to an art school for interior design.... it ended up starting out as interior decorating, so I learned quite a bit about that stuff.

I can help bounce ideas! Unless it comes to the how-to :)

Depends on what kind of style you like. I can't stand country or super-modern styles. Now, if you are talking Candice Olsen, Arts and Crafts, or Craftsman, I'm in.

We did our best when trying to help outfit YOU awhile back, I am sure we can give equally opposing opinions on any room you want to redo!!!

How serious of a redo job are we talking??

Kat

Depends what you're into.

In Australia its jsut so much the rage to refurbish our federation and Edwardian style homes and Melbourne has loads of Californian bungalows too.

All that period style tizz isnt really my cup of tea. Give me open, modern and spacious anyday. I'm one of those awful people that would come in and completely disrupt the streetscape by sticking something timber and steel in the middle of a row of stately old weatherboard homes.

So whilst I'm really "into" interior design and appreciate it its more in the vein of bulldozing, lol. And I simply dont have the money to really indulge what could be a passion.

I love, love, love interior design. I am an HGTV addict. I renovated my house a few years ago and added on a room with plenty of dog laying room. People absolutely love my house. Even men comment on it. I'm so pleased. What style do you like? I live very cozy rooms so I use dark colors on the walls. I'm going to redo my bedroom in an old gold color because I got this great deal on Croscill bedding and it's just beautiful. It's sort of a silvery sage green and has little rosebuds embroidered on it. Man, I've never had such a fancy bedspread. Anyway, the old gold goes with the bedspread. My living room which so many people like is painted in Sherwin Williams Copper Mountain. It's burnt orange, but people love it. Weird! Tell us your style and I'll be glad to pitch in. I've been known to buy furniture for people so I can do the design. Now that's really weird.

I own my own architecture/design firm. Happy to discuss anything on the topic.

Wheetsin,

Count me in.....I love, love ,love , decorating . :mad:

What room are you redecorating ?

Lucy -- Maybe you can advise me on my driveway. I'm going to get it fixed because Water runs onto it and I have to wade to my car. But I don't know what to do. I am considering just digging some holes for drains. If it fills up too much, I can drop a sump pump in there, but it usually evaporates pretty fast. My garage also floods so I'm thinking of putting a drain in there too. What do you think?

You probably need a drain. There might be codes for drains in your city -- you should look into this. If your garage floods, I would say a drain is not a bad idea. Since I haven't seen the space in person or the plans, I'm hesitant to give you more detailed advice than that. Hire a reputable contractor (who has a license and insurance) and get them to help you.

Ok I'll tell my style if you tell yours!

Trying to redo my living room, which is hard because the focal point of the room is the raised hearth fireplace. And IMO it's an eyesore. First, when we built this house, they wrote down the wrong wood stain (umm... and wood too). Everything was supposed to be done in clearcoat, and instead they did it in Fruitwood, which is a bit garrish orange, if you aren't familiar with the color. So the mantle & surround color screams "I have jaundice... and diarrhea!" Then the surround tiles we selected, based on the assumption that they would be up against clearcoat hickory, look horrible next to fruitwood pine. *sigh*

My style is a bit hard to describe. Ecclectic, but not gypsy ecclectic. Rustic, but not "lodge" rustic with moose and plaid all over the place. Maybe a little country, but nothing like anitque douche cans for flower vases and pig-themed kitchens. More like a Spanish rustic, but not santa Fe. I lurve handcrafted things, but not the primitive dolls with barbed wire hair stuff.

My house has a lot of Spanish style recycled hand-blown glass, lots of wrought Iron, several pieces of Mexican rustic (chunky pine & Iron style) furniture, distressed leather, I love apothecary style pieces. A touch of arts & crafts, but I'm not a true devotee. Lots of Pottery Barn older style, like the Madison line of occasional tables, pub mirror, etc.

I don't do a lick of modern. I dont' like really light wood. I don't like really dark wood. I don't like formal lines or finishes. Yeah, I'm pretty picky.

We had new sofas delivered this week and I was hoping to have a painter in to get the family room painted before they arrived, but I didn't make it. On two counts. One was the painter was already booked, and two was that after a year I still haven't picked a color (I'm currently torn between benjamin Moore Yorkshire Tan or Lenox Tan. I have Olive Branch sampled on the walls, and it's a beautiful color, but the room doesn't get enough light to pull it off).

BTW, can I say that fabric is $^% expensive? I ordered some Covington linen for new bedroom panels. 11 yards. At 40% off, I still paid over $400. I'm still trying to convince myself they'll be so perfect I won't mind... I'm not winning so far...

:faint: