Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Gastric Sleeve Book.

Hello,

I'm about 2.5 years out of surgery. But, I still sometimes feel totally clueless about this Sleeve I got. I

Looked at pictures from a year or so ago yesterday,

I'm still the same size, believe me, 163 is better than 260. But, I can't seem to get a grip. I've posted on here my issues, bad moments and sometimes good moments. But, I still feel like I failed because my mind has a hold of me ALL THE TIME.

I spoke to my therapist ( I've been with her for 5 years) I want to know what's my reasoning for emotional eating, causes ya know? So far, nothing really.

I hear the Big Book on Gastric sleeve is a good one

The Beck Diet Solution book helped me with emotional eating. It doesn't have one scrap of information on dieting, which is nice because at this point, we know what to eat, we just aren't doing it. Instead it focuses on changing behaviors. I still use skills from this book and it's really helped me eliminate some bad habits. And finally, 2 1/2 years from surgery and I'm 2 pounds from goal.

The Beck Diet Solution was a huge help to me as well. I got the book from the library so no cost. I took the cognitive tools I needed and with practice, practice you will gain so much will power. I tell myself "hunger is not an emergency, and in xx amount of time I will enjoy my planned snack or meal." Highly recommend this book.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products