Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keeping secrets?

I had a band put in in 2008 and had it until 2013 - lost 120 pounds and did well until the scar tissue built up around my band and pretty much kept me on a liquid diet- couldn't eat anything solid without it coming back up! I had it removed and decided I could keep the weight off. I did for a while but eventually have gained weight back. I went through the revision paperwork and was denied 2 times and finally wrote an appeal letter on the last day of my 180 days to appeal and got approval. I have surgery Friday. I told people when I had the band and this time I'm trying to keep it to myself. I have a co worker taking me and was hoping uber can take me home from the hospital- I'm struggling with not telling my Parents and that big what if something happens during surgery... slim chance I know... but still the stress of figuring out how to make this happen is crazy- I wish there were services where you could pay a trust worthy stranger to pick you up, stay, and get you home.

You should be able to get medical transport to take you home. I don't know how you arrange it but my mom does it in Florida all the time, and my ex boyfriend has done it in NJ. I think your doctor will allow you to be discharged that way. Although sometimes when you have an outpatient surgery they want someone to stay with you for 24 hours. Good luck!!

They let me take uber home from the hospital. Thanks!

I've used a Cabulance service before to get a ride home after surgery. My doctor's office recommended it when I had plastic surgery and I didn't want to involve family or friends. Google that word and your city to see if there's one available. Or you could call a local plastic surgery office and see what company/service they recommend for a patient who wants to be discrete about their procedure.

Just an update- I had Surgery on Friday. I have a desk job so came back to work on Tuesday. I'm amazed that there has been so little pain! I guess that is because my dr used my old sites for the laparoscopy which is scar tissue. Hardest thing about this is trying to get in all the Protein and liquids to stay hydrated but that is getting easier.

Congratulations! True not to overdo it.

Just an update- I had Surgery on Friday. I have a desk job so came back to work on Tuesday. I'm amazed that there has been so little pain! I guess that is because my dr used my old sites for the laparoscopy which is scar tissue. Hardest thing about this is trying to get in all the Protein and liquids to stay hydrated but that is getting easier.

Cant believe you are at work so soon. I am home two weeks. Also a desk job which I am doing at home. It takes the stress out of worrying about getting in the protein at the office. Good luck with everything.

Thanks! I haven't had an issue getting in the Protein at work. I drank Isopure on Tuesday and Wednesday between Water and tried the Premier Protein on Wednesday but it was not going through very well... i think I still had some swelling... but finally it has gone down...I have had no issues with sipping them today and got my 60 grams in with the protein... Snacks were a sugar free Popsicle and a container of sugar free jello... I hope you are healing well- how is your recovery going?

Great! Hang in there!!!