Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The drinking light is lit

Tonight is going to be snort of bourbon night. It may be a big snort. :P

This morning started off with the impending visit of a friend of mine. He needed to go to the sawmill I frequent to get some lumber he was not able to source local to his own home. He lives about two hours from me. About 15 minutes before his anticipated arrival, my father called me to inform me that their well pump had gone Tango Utah, and they had no Water. Both my parents are in their eighties. They live a little more than an hour north of me.

Without going into all the sordid details, I managed to get my friend his lumber, and shuffled back to NJ, from whence he came, all the while coordinating between a plumber friend of mine and my father, who has an innate distrust of anyone he doesn't know. I am usually the one on deck for doing his plumbing work, but I told him we were hiring out if I had to pay for it myself. Oh yeah, the sawmill is located in "dark country". There is no cell service there. Not even texts get out of the cellular black hole there. So in addition to being monkey in the middle, I had to get it done while traveling in and out of phone service.

One of my major accomplishments, perhaps even an NSV it is so big, was teaching an 82 year old man how to use his phone to take a picture and TEXT it to me so I could inform the plumber of what was actually going on. And I talked him through it over the phone. I did get the privilege of standing in an unheated basement in the mountains (read high temp of 15 degrees today) to help with the work.

One other detail for the day is my friend had sleeve surgery almost six years ago. It did not work for him because of his intractability when it comes to his eating habits. But, he has experienced a rebirth of determination watching my success so far, so I have been counseling him as to how to mend his rotten ways (Jethro Tull reference there for those who might recognize it).

So yeah. It's time for a snort. I'll be back on my strict diet again tomorrow. I am invoking the 80/20 rule laid down by the folks at my program. ;-) They never did say what those 20% bad calories could be, and I have been cleared for booze. The drinking light is lit. If I am not careful, I'll be lit too. :P

As long as you're not running toward the "hot donuts now" light (do you have Krispy Kreme where you are?) I'd say you're okay. Enjoy!

As long as you're not running toward the "hot donuts now" light (do you have Krispy Kreme where you are?) I'd say you're okay. Enjoy!

No Krispy Kreme around here, but you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a couple of Dunkin Donuts. I am in there a bunch of times a week, but only for the coffee. In days past, I would eat a bunch of donuts, or even their sammiches. But I am reformed now.

We are getting a new Dunkin Donuts about 2 miles from our house. (They are everywhere here too) My husband is losing his mind waiting for them to finish it, lol. We love the coffee, but no donuts for either of us ;)

I used to enjoy bourbon before my surgery. If your doctor cleared you for booze - enjoy.

Just be careful when you first start. My first experience with alcohol after surgery was not great. It felt like a roller coaster ride.

@@SleeveSoon Yes, I was very careful. I have discovered that it affects me about the same now as it did pre surgery. I am also one of those people who can hold his liquor very well, but virtually never drinks anywhere but home, just because. And even then, moderation is the word.

Paper cup, red solo cup, coffee cup? I am sure no matter the vessel used, that you enjoyed it. I too have found that when I drink wine (drink of choice and occasional margarita), that it doesn't affect me differently. Maybe because I usually also have Water handy. :-)

LittleBill, you wild thing. Just remember before the Mrs gets home to take out the trash, pick up your clothes and most definitely don't forget to put the toilet seat down. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

Your post cracked me up.....as do they all.

Rough day, man....rough day. You prevailed and helped those you intended to help.

A little bourbon is a fitting reward.

I spent all day moving and old entertainment center out.....and shopping for a new TV and moving in the new gear.

The hope was to have this done in time to enjoy the Clemson-Bama game tonight.

Well......all was done. All was well. Everything set up.

I even had a gametime meal of finger foods planned for halftime.

Kickoff happened.

That's all I stayed awake for. I woke up for Dabo's inspired post game speech. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Now it's 3'am and I'm rewinding and watching the game, lol.

Best laid plans.....

Paper cup, red solo cup, coffee cup? I am sure no matter the vessel used, that you enjoyed it. I too have found that when I drink wine (drink of choice and occasional margarita), that it doesn't affect me differently. Maybe because I usually also have Water handy. :-)

Being the man of the world with refined tastes that I am, I opted for a coffee cup for my bourbon. Mrs. LittleBill has these fancy little glasses we haul out for company or special occasions, but they require hand washing, and that goes against the Code of the Bachelor. ;-)

LittleBill, you wild thing. Just remember before the Mrs gets home to take out the trash, pick up your clothes and most definitely don't forget to put the toilet seat down. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I laughed out loud at this. On those rare trips out of town without me, she is guaranteed to admonish me about the trash and the dishes, always in a very good natured way of course. You'd think I had given her cause of some sort...

Your post cracked me up.....as do they all.

Rough day, man....rough day. You prevailed and helped those you intended to help.

A little bourbon is a fitting reward.

I spent all day moving and old entertainment center out.....and shopping for a new TV and moving in the new gear.

The hope was to have this done in time to enjoy the Clemson-Bama game tonight.

Well......all was done. All was well. Everything set up.

I even had a gametime meal of finger foods planned for halftime.

Kickoff happened.

That's all I stayed awake for. I woke up for Dabo's inspired post game speech. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Now it's 3'am and I'm rewinding and watching the game, lol.

Best laid plans.....

Hahaha, Dub! I know, I know. Look at the bright side though - you were comfortable, and you got it on a recording. It could be worse, right?