Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okanagan BC?

Was wondering if anyone is from the Okanagan? I've had my band for 4 years now and haven't had any issues until the past 24 hours. Any time I eat ANYTHING I get severe pain in my stomach that radiates into my back, kind of felt the way I did when I had gall stones but I've had my gallbladder removed. Anyways wondering if anyone's experienced this? My lap and doctor is very far away from where I live. So wondering if maybe I should just go to the hospital or if anyone knows of any walk in doctors in Kelowna or Vernon BC that have experience with lap band as my GPA hasn't any clue about them.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using the BariatricPal App

Sorry, I have no doctor referrals for you, but it occurs to me that you might want to consult a gastroenterologist. The one I see is rather knowledgeable about bands; they all should be. I'll throw it in, although, considering your past gall bladder problem, you've probably thought of it yourself.

I really stopped in to say that I've never heard of Okanagan, but the name is so wonderful that it's a reason to visit.

Best wishes for a quick, easy resolution to the pain.

Sorry, I have no doctor referrals for you, but it occurs to me that you might want to consult a gastroenterologist. The one I see is rather knowledgeable about bands; they all should be. I'll throw it in, although, considering your past gall bladder problem, you've probably thought of it yourself.

I really stopped in to say that I've never heard of Okanagan, but the name is so wonderful that it's a reason to visit.

Best wishes for a quick, easy resolution to the pain.

Thank you for the reply! I went to emerge and they gave me a x ray and said it looks like my band has slipped so they put me in touch with a gastoenterologist but it's a 6 week wait to just get a scope done to ensure what the problem is. The doctor in the ER told me to just keep eating Protein shakes but it'll be 7 weeks at that point I don't know how someone is supposed to live like that for 7 weeks just to even get looked at. Such a nightmare :(

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using the BariatricPal App

@@Courtnin

Phone the gastro's office from time to time in case someone else cancels an appt. Let whomever you speak with know that you're having pain, i.e., that you're interested in a routine, annual exam or some such.

I really don't know if there's a reason to do only protene shaakes. Maybe someone else who's had a slip (in case it's in fact what you do have) will come along with reliable info. You might also check obesityhelp.com. And re-enter your topic here with a title like "May have band slip. How to eat until confirmed?"