Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve complications please help

Just had an EGD done today and the results show that i have mild dilation of the esophagus, mild gastritis and also a hiatal hernia..my surgeon did the doplar test to measure the acid levels in the stomach and now i have to carry this device around my neck for 96 hrs to monitor my acid levels when i eat/drink, sit for prolonged times and also while i sleep.. i was sleeved in May 2015. The initial reason for the surgeon to to the EGD was because my weight has been fluctuating up and down. Now that the results came in I can sorta pin point into the reasons as to why the weight has been the way it is. Has anyone else experience these same symptoms? And also what are the solutions to these problems especially the hiatal hernia. I know some hernia's do not need surgery and some do need it.. also with the dilation is that something of concern when it comes to weight gain.. surgeon did say that the overall anatomy of the sleeve is good and no leaks noted.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@gomezk2 - glad there are no leaks (though at this point, that would be not related). I have not needed a dilation post surgery. Keep us posted. Someone might be in the same position someday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches