Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TRULY NEED SERIOUS HELP

Hi all, I have not been here in a while but have experienced some serious loss since I was here. I had sleeve about 26 months ago and did great, got my BMI down to about 28 and was feeling great. Left a career path I was not happy with. Entered a new professional path and graduate school. Was on track. Gained a little bit from overall stress of the change, but still had control.

Then I lost my dad. He did after only a week of cancer diagnosis, and I started unraveling. Not making excuses, but I have gained about 20 lbs from my lowest. I have totally lost track. I found myself eating anything i wanted (even though i was really eating most foods without problems) and all of a sudden i'm gaining like crazy. i got totally addicted to soda again and am having a really hard time getting back off of it.

I KNOW I need to see a nut and a doc. I lost my old doc because of insurance change.

I know it is necessary to see them to get back on track. I have tried the 5 day pouch reset, but just seem to fizzle out after 24 hours.

I'm also going to the Y tomorrow to get a session with a trainer to set up a formal exercise program. In the past I was just walking but I need something more focused.

I don't really need to ask WHAT to do, i truly know. I just really need some support. my husband is awesome and totally understands, he lost both of his parents in the past 10 years also.

I'm just wondering if anybody can offer me any little tips or suggestions on how to get going again until i see the doc and nut in about 4-5 weeks?

I appreciate it!!!

Hi There!

I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a parent is so difficult especially when it is that fast.

It is these times when chaos usually sets in for those of us with eating disorders. As you said, you know what you need to do.

I might suggest looking back to your original goal and using it to focus yourself. For me that tends to work best but you have to figure out what is going to work best for you.

My suggestion is to go back to the basic rules you had to follow post op. It's is a good place to start.

Best of luck and just know you have a lot of people here that will support you.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

thank you for your kind words of support. i think the worst part is ME coming down on myself mentally. my husband says "just see the new doc. it's no big deal. start fresh, etc.". ME, on the other hand- i'm totally embarrassed to go and see a new doc because of the gain.

However, i'm bringing myself to JUST GET OVER THAT and go see the man. i have to start somewhere. at least i didn't gain all my weight back, and i still DO have this wonderful sleeve that i can utilize to help with the work i have to now put in. again!

Sorry about your dad. That has to be tough. It's a big job just working through the grief, let alone worrying about your eating habits. But you have to take care of yourself to allow yourself to heal.

Start with small goals. I would say first and foremost is quitting the soda. Make it your only goal for now and make it a priority. Once you've done that, you're going to see weight loss and that may get the wheels in motion to motivate you to move on to your next mini goal, like committing to exercise at least 3 days a week or making sure you're getting 64 ounces of Water a day. Sometimes setting up small goals is much easier that looking at the big picture and trying to do a major overhaul. That can be too overwhelming.

And yes, I guarantee once you see a surgeon or NUT again, you're going to feel so much better about things and more in control again. This isn't their first rodeo. They've seen lots of vets who have had trouble with a little regain and are there to help :)

day 1- today- without soda. so far so good. no cravings for it. yet...leaving for the Y in about 1 hour to get workout planned. grocery after that. should help pass the time.

@@mi75

Atta girl! Great job! Keep us posted and come back to vent if you need to! You've got this!

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my dad when I was only 6.

Acceptance is the key regarding your weight gain. Don't be so hard on yourself. The same has happened to me and I have been soda free for about a month now. I found a wonderful Protein drink...syntrax nectar..that I love! I had been off of peotein drinks for a long time...sleeved in 2012...because they all tasted like crap to me. I eat good carbs and nothing white...no sugar. I am taking one minute at a time. I do not log my food...for me if I did that food would be all I thought about. I make sure I get my daily Protein requirements in and good carbs too. I don't worry so much about the fat and I do not count calories. I also set a timer as to not drink anything 30 minutes after I eat. I am disabled, to look at me you would not know, so I get very little exercise. I love to walk but can't for very long. I have never liked exercising anyway. I am about 25 lbs from where I want to be. Lost 125 lbs and gained 20+ back due to some meds that I no longer take and doing things I was not supposed to do.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Uniqbtrfly

well, day one done and gone and already the scale is moving. went to the Y, having a formal session with trainer later this week. but just the fact that i went is something. played basketball with my daughter just to get some movement.

feeling good today. start of a new school year so a bit of routine upset but that may be a good thing!

ok, step 2 done. Called and made appointment with the new doctor and nut. same day so I will see one then the other, and formulate a plan!!!

feeling awesome and in control.

ok people, scale is moving!!!

AND i worked last evening and was able to totally avoid soda and junk. DID eat a breadstick but also SF Jello, tea, cold coffee and lots of Water. feeling much better about myself after committing to get off soda and actually making it happen!

ok people, scale is moving!!!

AND i worked last evening and was able to totally avoid soda and junk. DID eat a breadstick but also SF Jello, tea, cold coffee and lots of Water. feeling much better about myself after committing to get off soda and actually making it happen!

It won't take long until you will stop craving them. You are doing wonderful!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk