Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad food day and appetite decreasing...

Bluegh. Such an awful day today (though not really that bad, still able to function and go to the gym - even though I had to scale it back massively).

Not sure what's happening but I started with an Optifast shake at 0600, had a coffee on skim milk at 1100 and it's now 1700 and I'm still gurgling up coffee, like it just hasn't gone anywhere. Peculiar and off putting. Though if this is the worst that I'll have to deal with (initial days aside) I guess I'm doing well.

I'm also finding I just have zero interest in food. Struggling to make 5-600 cal a day. Possibly because I'm still on puree and what I can eat isn't really appealing to me, but then... Nothing really is.

Has anyone had this complaint? Just approaching three weeks in with the balloon now.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 6 weeks out and I still can't stomach coffee, regular or Decaf. It triggers stomach spasms for me.

hope you feel better soon! I remember the surgeon telling me the balloon can get stuck in a funny position and sometimes patients have to go back to him and he manually moves the balloon (apparently it gives immediate relief). I wonder if it's something like this?

Just noticed your 9.3 kg weight loss. Well done! How long has that taken as Im sure your balloon went in fairly recently.

@@anewmee Hey! I am feeling better, just had a weekend in Sydney and made the most 'puree appropriate' choices like Soups, poached eggs (and yeah, a treat creme brûlée and a few fancy chocolates) but I'm still slightly down on weight and now at 11.2kg down all up. The balloon went in 16 May and my first goal is now only 2.5kg away, with my intended goal for the whole six months of the balloon 7.5kg away. So right now they are feeling very achievable. Though I fully expect the losses to slow soon. But I am very happy with where I'm at and the balloon in general.

I am starting to get a little lower back pain but I suspect that might be due to erm... things not moving along in my stomach as fast or often as I'd like. I'm not sure if I should up the benefiber or move to something a little stronger just for a little while...

@@anewmee Hey! I am feeling better, just had a weekend in Sydney and made the most 'puree appropriate' choices like Soups, poached eggs (and yeah, a treat creme brûlée and a few fancy chocolates) but I'm still slightly down on weight and now at 11.2kg down all up. The balloon went in 16 May and my first goal is now only 2.5kg away, with my intended goal for the whole six months of the balloon 7.5kg away. So right now they are feeling very achievable. Though I fully expect the losses to slow soon. But I am very happy with where I'm at and the balloon in general.

I am starting to get a little lower back pain but I suspect that might be due to erm... things not moving along in my stomach as fast or often as I'd like. I'm not sure if I should up the benefiber or move to something a little stronger just for a little while...

that's amazing weight loss. I hope I see the same losses! I'm a similar bmi to you. I'm 83 kg and hope to get to 63 kg, maybe not all of that is the 6 months but if it happens, I'll be extra happy :-)

Wow - look at you - that's fantastic!! Congrats on your loss ... keep up the great work. :-)

Are things "moving" along OK otherwise? ;-) Hope so, and hope all is well. Cheers!

Hey lady!

All well here, hitting the gym and eating well. All else is now also 'moving along' quite nicely :P

I've been sulking over what I understand is called a 'stall' for maybe a week and a bit now. But I have to keep looking that the food I'm putting in and the effort I'm putting out (and the fact that my 'lady time' put in an appearance) and have faith that things will start moving soon. I'm so so close to under 90!! I'm sort of white knuckling my way through and trying not to lose faith. How are you doing @@Wayward Traveler

Hey lady!

All well here, hitting the gym and eating well. All else is now also 'moving along' quite nicely :P

I've been sulking over what I understand is called a 'stall' for maybe a week and a bit now. But I have to keep looking that the food I'm putting in and the effort I'm putting out (and the fact that my 'lady time' put in an appearance) and have faith that things will start moving soon. I'm so so close to under 90!! I'm sort of white knuckling my way through and trying not to lose faith. How are you doing @@Wayward Traveler

Glad to hear all is (relatively) well! :-) Don't let the plateau get you down. It happens. If you stick with it, you will get past it. You can do it!!

Things are good here, too. My goal was to get the 35 pounds lost since my procedure by three months and I hit 36 so I'm happy about that. Next big goal is 100 pounds total since my all time high and I'm less than two pounds away from that. I was hoping to get there by the end of the month ... not sure that will happen, but I would think no later than early July. I can't wait to cross that threshold!!

It seems like a lot of people stop losing after three months so I will be curious to see if I hit a wall. But I'm still trying and am cautiously optimistic about continued success. I would be happy with 40 pounds total in the six months, but am hopeful I will get to at least 50. Fingers crossed!!

Cheers! :-)