Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FILL Question.....

Hey I have the "4cc" small Allergan band. I have almost a full 2cc in it and feel good restriction.

My question is after you come to that "sweet spot" assuming you don't do any "unfills"..... do you have to occasionally "tweak" it with fills as the months and/or years go by? I was wondering if there is a natural absorption process of the saline by your body or any leakage?!? Or if you must need it a little fuller as time goes by?

Thanks!

I've had to but with very little tweaks. I too have the small band and had 2.5 in it and with perfect restricition and a month ago after I'd lost another 10 or 15 pounds I felt I needed a tad more so had just .20 put in and am very tight again. I would say that after you loose a little that your band loosens because your stomach is getting smaller. This all is just my opinion though.

Good luck,

Sherri Jo

Hi SimplyMe,

I just had my second fill. On my first fill I had 2cc added to an empty band, when I got my second fill my doctor said I only had 1.5 cc left in my band. He told me this was normal "absorption". I was a little surprised because it had only been 4 weeks between the first and the second fill. He added 1 cc this time , which puts me at .5cc over what I was to begin with and I really don't feel much restriction. I should have said something at the time, or had him put in more because my insurance doesn't pay for fills and it costs me $175.00 per fill. So for my second fill, for my .5cc, I paid 175.00.-- A little disappointing.

I have a question for you, pardon me if this is too nosy, but if you only need to loose 50lbs and with a BMI that low to begin with, how did you get banded? Or did I miss read your ticker?

weight.png

Hi SimplyMe,

I just had my second fill. On my first fill I had 2cc added to an empty band, when I got my second fill my doctor said I only had 1.5 cc left in my band. He told me this was normal "absorption". I was a little surprised because it had only been 4 weeks between the first and the second fill. He added 1 cc this time , which puts me at .5cc over what I was to begin with and I really don't feel much restriction. I should have said something at the time, or had him put in more because my insurance doesn't pay for fills and it costs me $175.00 per fill. So for my second fill, for my .5cc, I paid 175.00.-- A little disappointing.

I have a question for you, pardon me if this is too nosy, but if you only need to loose 50lbs and with a BMI that low to begin with, how did you get banded? Or did I miss read your ticker?

weight.png

No.....it's called "self-pay":wacko:

I have been as low as a size 4 and as high as a size 24....and I was half way inbetween those two when I researched and decided the band was a great investment for me.

I think chose wisely.

How much does a fill cost? Do most insurance companies cover them? Is it the same cost for every fill or depending how much they take or put in?

No.....it's called "self-pay":wacko:

I have been as low as a size 4 and as high as a size 24....and I was half way inbetween those two when I researched and decided the band was a great investment for me.

I think chose wisely.

I am a low BMI too and also a self-pay. I have about 65-70 pounds to lose and I figured that instead of yo-yoing from now until I am dead, I would like to keep from getting to a point where I am marked as "morbidly obese". I think it is a wise decision. Why wait until my health starts to fail. I have not been successful thus far with dieting.

I am a low BMI too and also a self-pay. I have about 65-70 pounds to lose and I figured that instead of yo-yoing from now until I am dead, I would like to keep from getting to a point where I am marked as "morbidly obese". I think it is a wise decision. Why wait until my health starts to fail. I have not been successful thus far with dieting.

Soooo.....how is lapbandworld a year out?!?

Oh....I am not banded yet. My surgery date is September 14th of this year. I hope that I will never have to use the word "diet" again. I know that this is not a walk in the park, but either is the torture of dieting. Hopefully a year from now, I can say "my band was a success". I guess it can only be a success if you but forth the effort to change your lifestyle and habits.

Oh....I am not banded yet. My surgery date is September 14th of this year. I hope that I will never have to use the word "diet" again. I know that this is not a walk in the park, but either is the torture of dieting. Hopefully a year from now, I can say "my band was a success". I guess it can only be a success if you but forth the effort to change your lifestyle and habits.

I think that is probably the biggest misconception about the lapband....it is NOT a cureall.....weight just drops off without trying......cure!

I still have to watch what I eat....still have to make wise choices...

BUT.....I can't binge anymore! :clap2:

I can't stuff myself anymore....without being SICK-SICK!:clap2:

I have to think about every bite that goes in my mouth!:clap2:

It has slowed me down.....and I think because of that I savor each bite rather than just shovelling it in at the speed of light!

I'm not terrified of eating out because if I was "dieting" and going strong I would be terrified of making the wrong choices or eating everything in sight! Now I split a plate with someone....and do not even eat half of it....or order a Soup or an appetizer and be done!

It was SO the right decision for me! Good luck and let me know how your journey goes!

I think that is probably the biggest misconception about the lapband....it is NOT a cureall.....weight just drops off without trying......cure!

I still have to watch what I eat....still have to make wise choices...

BUT.....I can't binge anymore! :clap2:

I can't stuff myself anymore....without being SICK-SICK!:clap2:

I have to think about every bite that goes in my mouth!:clap2:

It has slowed me down.....and I think because of that I savor each bite rather than just shovelling it in at the speed of light!

I'm not terrified of eating out because if I was "dieting" and going strong I would be terrified of making the wrong choices or eating everything in sight! Now I split a plate with someone....and do not even eat half of it....or order a Soup or an appetizer and be done!

It was SO the right decision for me! Good luck and let me know how your journey goes!

All those reason you listed are my reasons too. I eat way too fast and I know with the band that I will have to control that or I will be constantly sick. It really isn't that I make super bad food decisions I just overeat and overeating even good things can make you fat! Good luck to you also.