Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3.5 weeks no prob eating WORRIED

So I can pretty much eat anything without problems as long as I chew enough and take my time. But I'm having a little problem with binging late at night. All my binge eating emotional eating bad habits are coming back. I feel so guilty because my weight loss stalled. I know my hormones are out of whack because my face is all broken out which is odd for me because I've never had acne. I know this transition is going to be difficult, I'm just worried that my bad eating habits are going to sabotage myself and that this weight loss tool will go to waste and needed to share without judgement. Things I can't tell my doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by coco777

Weight loss typically stalls around the 3 week mark. I would recommend counselling to coincide with the surgery. It's been recommended to me and I think you would likely benefit to.

Talk to your doctor and ask to see a counselor. I Know I'm an emotional eater too and I'm currently in therapy and reading great books to help me address the reasons why I eat. I haven't had surgery yet. Planning for the fall if I'm able to make some progress in my emotional eating issues and feel ready for surgery. Best of luck to you. If you're interested in bibliotherapy , check out books by Geneen Roth.

Doing much better. Stall is over. Hormones have balanced out. Period finally came. Water, Protein, diet, exercise. Cravings under control. I'm a month post op and I'm able to excercise more and I'm feeling better. I lost a total of 17 pounds since my surgery. And I'm ok with that. I was at 235 lbs going into the hospital left the hospital at 232 lbs. today 215 lbs. after a 2 wk stall and struggle I'm feeling well and not looking back.

New struggles. My sister in laws birthday dinner. I felt like everyone was watching me push food around my plate and her husband noticed that I barely ate. He figured I didn't like my food. Then I disappeared to the bathroom because I had so much gas and my sister got worried. Girls night out, more of the same, I couldn't eat, had horrible pain, guess I didn't chew enough and eat slow enough. It was horrible. Oh well, i guess eventually I will just tell everyone or get over the shame so I don't have to come up w excuses. Why should I feel ashamed? I made a choice for my health! I will be going back to work soon and have to figure out how I will get in my food and Water intake on my busy shift. Looking forward to future with all its curves and opportunities

Edited by coco777

Sometimes it's easier to avoid the social situations until your stomach settles a little. I haven't told anyone except my husband and I like it that way. But you have nothing to be ashamed about. Anyway I'm glad to hear your stall passed. They often do so remember this for the next stall but trust me when I say there will be others. :)

Doing much better. Stall is over. Hormones have balanced out. Period finally came. Water, Protein, diet, exercise. Cravings under control. I'm a month post op and I'm able to excercise more and I'm feeling better. I lost a total of 17 pounds since my surgery. And I'm ok with that. I was at 235 lbs going into the hospital left the hospital at 232 lbs. today 215 lbs. after a 2 wk stall and struggle I'm feeling well and not looking back.

New struggles. My sister in laws birthday dinner. I felt like everyone was watching me push food around my plate and her husband noticed that I barely ate. He figured I didn't like my food. Then I disappeared to the bathroom because I had so much gas and my sister got worried. Girls night out, more of the same, I couldn't eat, had horrible pain, guess I didn't chew enough and eat slow enough. It was horrible. Oh well, i guess eventually I will just tell everyone or get over the shame so I don't have to come up w excuses. Why should I feel ashamed? I made a choice for my health! I will be going back to work soon and have to figure out how I will get in my food and Water intake on my busy shift. Looking forward to future with all its curves and opportunities

you're doing very well! and I agree - no shame. you tell whoever you want to tell and don't tell anyone you don't care to.

for work I pack up all my little measured Snacks, and my lunches on the weekend so during the week I can just grab and go.