Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Starving

Can we get a pregnancy board here?

I was banded in March of 2006 and lost a lot of weight fast!. I lost almost 40lbs the first month. By August I lost all I would lose so far and have been going up and down 10lbs. Each fill I lose the 10lbs I gained in between and then I stop losing! I usually lose that while on liquids after the fill.

I am pregnant now and I honestly do not recall ever being this hungry in my life! I am not dieting, not eating like a bandster at all and am afraid to blow up. I really want to go in for a fill. What do you guys think? I'm only about 6 weeks preggo.

I can't really answer your question as I'm not yet banded, but I wanted to let you know that I remember being really hungry too in the beginning of my pregnancy last summer. Like when you are going to start your period and you feel like you could eat everything in site. For me it tapered off soon and I started to feel normal again (as far as hunger anyway) Your body needs about 500 extra calories right now for the development of the baby. I can't imagine that a doctor would even give you a fill being pregnant. Maybe give it a little time to see if you adjust, and congratulations!!!

Can't help you either, but I second the idea for a preggo board! I am TTC right now, and it would be nice to not have to search out other preggo bandsters.

I also agree with the idea of a pregnant or TTC Bandster board/thread - me and my sweetie are starting to discuss the idea.

MaryumC

weight.png

I am almost 2 months prego, and starving!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get nausea if I wait to long to eat. I can smell everything too, most of it not pleasant. This was all a suprise to me at 35, never pregnant before. I am at a perfect restriction and can not decide weather to get a unfill, I am so hungry, but can't eat many things cause of the fill. I feel your pain!

Unfill, please. Now is not the time to put your baby's health at risk... especially during the crucial first trimester when so much critical development takes place. If you need a small fill later on (2nd or 3rd trimester), you can talk with your OB and surgeon about it. Also, if you end up with 1st trimester morning sickness, you could cause a slippage. So please, schedule an unfill today.

Your body is telling you through hunger that it's not getting what it needs to nourish the baby. Yes, it will take from you and give to the baby first... but it's still risky.

(I've been through three Lap-Band pregnancies.)

If your'e not taking prenatals, please start. There are some chewable ones out there, BTW.

BTW, Assalamu Alaikum Kabeerah :car: You're no longer kabir anymore!

I just read your OH profile and see that you've had GD during all three pregnancies. If that's the case, then yes... you may want a small fill... but please wait until you get to about 20 weeks of pregnancy. (I had three GD pregnancies too... and we talked about a possible small fill during my third one.)

Mabrook on your pregnancy. Just please, be careful with restriction at this stage.