Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey my new Arizona Banded Buddies... I blew it and went to my Post-op visit today thinking it was June 1st, and the funny thing was, I didn't have an appointment today or tomorrow! Must have been the left over Morphine!

Anyway, I am doing good, I have lost a total of 27 pounds since I started all of this craziness. I don't know how you can know exactly what was lost this past week. I went in the hosptial weighing 208, but by the time I got out of the hospital I weighed 217. Today I weigh 201.6 on the 'BIG' scales at the Weight Loss Institute. So I guess it was 7 pounds?

Heck fire, all I know, is when I first weighed at the Institute I weighed 228 on 03/29/2007 and today I am down 27 pounds. I am way happy about that!

I saw Dr. Orris (sp) and he was very nice (young). Business like not like Dr. DeBarros. Speaking of which, he is doing very well, complaining of bloating and gas. It sure is cool having a Doctor go through exactly what we are going through. He is doing good also. I had Dr. Orris explain the new band to me and he said we are like two 'fills' up on the people who had the old band.

Well I am at work, still energy low and I could really use a nap. I'm sorry I won't be able to meet you! Where the heck is Lilmonkey? Gosh we just all met I hope she is ok!

My first fill date is June 28th at 11am... try and make yours the same time and I promise not to mess up again!

Let me know how you guys are doing!

Oh, Virginia! (Do you go by Ginger?)

That's crazy! I take it they worked you in anyway, even without the appointment. That's good. I'm pretty sure my appt. tomorrow is with Dr. Orris, too.

I'm glad you are doing well. You have lost a lot. That's great. I'm down about 18.5 today since my first visit in April. I guess I'll find out on their scale tomorrow.

Other than being tired, how are you feeling? I'm tired as well. I've been trying to get the kids down for a nap in the afternoon; that's been a chore. I still have a sore port, but I am also having sharp, shooting pains above another one of my incisions that is not the port. Have you experienced anything like that? It really hurts to sit up straight. I was really hoping to feel better by now. This is a bummer.

How have you been eating? I'm doing OK except I know I'm not getting enough Protein and I wonder if I'm drinking enough Water. I'm still just sipping but I'm also trying to be diligent about not drinking before or after eating. Today I blended up a can of potato ham chowder and strained it. I had some for lunch and some for dinner and about half is still left in the fridge. It was so yummy! Much better than the babyfood or Protein Drinks. I'm getting tired of everything sweet.

I, too, have been wondering where LilMonkey is. She hasn't checked in for a while. I hope everything is OK with her and her hubby.

I'll try to get my fill appt. around the same time as yours. I will let you know.

Take care,

Shauna

PS-- How old are your boys?

I had my post-op appt. today. Everything was fine. I saw Dr. DeBarros and he was looking good, too! I get to stop heparin injections! Yeah!

My fill date is June 28 11:30 am. I am down a total of 23 pounds since starting the pre-op diet 5/9.

On an unrelated note, I am hungry! I have not been hungry since the surgery, but today I am so hungry!

Funny girl! I too am hungry today. So far I have eaten everything I have brought with me to work today. Fortunatly, I have some instant oatmeal and Protein shakes with me. But today is the first day I have been this hungry. I'm not going to fret about it through. As long as I keep my calories to under 1000. I can't believe just a couple of days ago I was worried about getting in all my protein! What a few days will do eh?

I'm glad your appointment went well. Didn't Lilmonkey have her surgery with WLIAZ? Did you find out what band we have? Boy I sure wish I had a picture of it.

I too get to stop the shots! Dang I didn't like that at all. My tummy has all kinds of little bruises. Earlier today I noticed a while back (as short as a month ago) there were many people who post on this board. Lots of AZ people. Where are they now?

Come out, come out, where ever you are! (I know I'm losing it... must be lack of something........)

I can't believe how hungry I've been today. I guess it's time to really watch the Protein and get that in. This week since starting mushies I have been fine with some Soup and a baby food. Or a Protein shake (sipped throughout the day) and a SF popsicle.

Tonight I went to the store and bought SF ice cream. Oh, I am so bad. I did limit it to 1/2 cup... but, oh..... yummmy.........I feel so naughty right now.

Hey Shauna, how's it going? I just posted a little rant on the May 2007 board. My port site has a little area that isn't healing and bleeding pretty good if I don't keep pressure on it. Anytime I move it soiled my bandage. Dr. DeBarros says it can't be blood. Like I don't know what blood looks like. I am tempted to take pictures. Anyway, it's more of a nuisance than anything. I'm sure I will be fine.

I am VERY hungry! I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I didn't get all my Protein in today or Water. I will try and do better tomorrow. I bought some Mederma today for my incisions. One of the reasons I bought it was that my port area is hard and itching. That is how I got the bleeding going again today. I wanted to change the dressing.

So how are you doing? How are you feeling? I wonder where all the other Arizona people are? Well I hope you are having good weekend. I'll check in tomorrow.

Hey Virginia,

How's your port area doing this morning? Did you take the bandages off last night like you were planning? I hope all is well. I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Shauna

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm doing fine! Sorry to concern you guys so. I didn't really feel like using my computer much lately. Sounds like you two are doing pretty well, which is awesome to hear!

Virginia, I was present for your appt debacle on Thursday! I'm so glad they handled it well and didn't get pissy with you like most doctor's office receptionists tend to do. That's one of the things I love so much about the WLIA. It's not like a doctor's office, and everyone is very caring.

Sorry, I didn't introduce myself to you.. I'm shy and didn't want to interrupt you guys. :welldoneclap: But it was my husband and I standing at the receptionists desk when you came in! heh.

Anyhows. Sorry about your port troubles! I hope everything ends up healing well/better from here on out.

Shauna, how did the ice cream go down? I've been tempted, but avoided it thus far. :success1:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi AZ Banders! I live in Avondale and I was banded on April 14th in Mexico. I'm thinking about having WLIAZ do my aftercare. I can relate to some of the things you guys are going through. About 4 weeks after my surgery I really got hungry. I had my first fill Memorial Day weekend (7 days) now and so far so good. I lost 4 pounds last week. Once you start getting your fills things will be better. I didn't know what real restriction was until I got my first fill (1.5cc in a 4cc band). Sounds like you are all doing good...hang in there!

Welcome ShirleyBee!

I would wholeheartedly recommend the WLIA for your after care. They've been really awesome to my husband and I.

I absolutely hate going to the doctor because I always feel like no one cares and I'm just being shuffled along with the rest of the wallets-- I mean people.. This is just NOT so with the WLIA.

Everyone is always very considerate and accommodating. I'm really glad we went with them as I feel like we purchased a whole package not just the band.

There are a few others in the AZ area, so good luck in finding the one that fits you. :welldoneclap:

Anyways, it's good to have you! We need all the AZ bandsters we can get. :success1:

Lilmonkey! I could just slug you! I was really in a pissy mood that day anyway, I was ticked at my husband. Can't remember why now. But I wish you had said something! There is a AZBansters meeting this coming Saturday at 11:00am. Can you join us? It should be really cool to all meet each other. It is at Chili's and I will have to get you the addressl

My port site is doing much better, the bleeding has stopped and this TIME I will will just let the steri-strips fall off on their own. It is still sore. As a matter of fact it woke me up a few times last night. But I'm sure this too will pass.

I am at work, so I better get to it! I will check in at lunch!

LilMonkey:

You are back! You have to give us an update as to how you and hubby are doing!

ShirleyBee:

Hey, another zonie! Yeah! It's good to know there is someone close by who has been in our shoes to offer support/advice.

Who did your first fill? I have also been happy with WLIAZ. They are not the cheapest around, but I do believe you get what you pay for.

Virginia:

Hey girlfriend. I hope you are having a good day at work. How's the port today?

Everybody:

I had an AWFUL time sleeping last night! I was in so much pain! It's not necessarily my port site-- it's just all over abdominal pain when I lay on my side-- like it's pulling, or stretching, or getting squished or something. It literally takes my breath away. It's hard to describe. Anyone know what I'm talking about? How long until this goes away? I'm tired of sleeping in the recliner.

I'm doing ok. Wishing I was home on the couch, but I guess I've got to get off of it sooner or later! (kidding). My port is sore, it is so funny how you and I are feeling the same. Did you read where I woke up a few times last night on an earlier post? Today as I sit at this computer, I get little stabbing pains in that area. I have to keep grabbing my side and applying pressure.

food wise I am doing really good. I've decided to eat at 2/4/6 and 8. I packed myself some of that refried beans/splash of cheese/lowfat sour cream/ goodie I made myself yesterday. One cup. ah couple of hard-boiled eggs with lite mayo.. yesterday I had regular mayo.. ouch! I'm still discovering things I have to get out of my fridge and pantry. Some cottage cheese and oh yeah, I got some canned chicken and added some broth to it. So those are my 'at work' meals. This morning I had my usual oatmeal. For Snacks I made SF pudding out of Protein shakes. So I have a couple little 1/2 cups of those. Seems like an awful lot of food. But it is right at about 1000 calories. I am doing good food wise.

Now if I can get my port to catch up! I am so dying to eat salad! Next week... humm scary?

ShirleyBee:

I too am a WLIAZ patient and I just love them! The people there are really friendly and I find I am very comfortable. (even if Dr. DeBarros ticked me off over the weekend) I am very out-going and I will give him a thing or two when I see him again! Anway, I like it there, I feel safe. Welcome to our board!

Bandster Brunch

Saturday June 9, 2007

11:00 am - 2:00 pm

Notes:

20th St & Camelback Rd. in Phoenix

Awesome, Virginia! How'd you hear about the bandster luncheon?

I plan on being there. (I guess I'll have to do without my Chili's regular: Margarita's and fajitas.:welldoneclap:)