Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days to go

Never thought the insurance would approve it so quick.. Had first consult only 4 weeks ago and now will have gastric sleeve done on dec 3rd.

Trying to avoid getting nervous about it and focusing on the end goal.

Wish me luck, I'll document my progress for a while in here. Next post should be from me in hospital..

tomorrow is your big day. good luck and hoping you a speedy recovery. take care and keep us updated.

Thanks.. Starting to get a bit anxious.. I decided to go to work today as I thought it would be a welcome distraction. I think it would suck more to be on broth and Jello day with nothing but Dr. Phil to keep me company at home. So I sit here making all my pre-op phone calls and plans with my coworkers wondering what the Red hospital tag is for. Most knew I was having the surgery, but didn't know it was tomorrow, so I've been telling everyone I came into contact with ebola, but showing no signs so they tagged me and sent me to work.

Good news is I have an early morning check in. This means that I won't have to wait till the afternoon with no food or Water.. I can keep drinking Water till midnight.. Wake up and rush on in to get kocked out..

One thing that has suprised me is that I was told to bring my CPAP machine. I would have thought a hospital would be able to deal with patients with sleap apnea without having them chug their machines back and forth.. The explanation I got is every machine is different and so its easier for them to use what they know you are comfortable with than try to figure it out.

We also have a shopping list of stuff we forgot or ran out of.. So a last minute run to the pharmacy to get Gasx(You will be Gassey), Prilosec(You will have heart burn), and blood pressure pills. Luckily enough my doctor took me off the Diabetes medication a few weeks ago to avoid the constant stomach and digestive issues metformin causes.

So happy for you! Good luck and keep us posted ????

That is awesome! Hope everything went well!

Edited by chuck415

I'm home now.. Experience wasn't bad. A lot less pain than I expected.. Trying to eat Jello and broth with the constant gas and heart burn is fun... The biggest issue is now I have a head cold which won't stop bleeding in my sinuses. Using saline rinses every hour.

My cold has gotten better. I finished a full icee today. Still having trouble getting in enough Water. Lots of walking. Tomorrow will be shower day...

I got to say though.. I think the cold was a blessing because it put the surgery into perspective.. Recovering from the cold was ten times worst than recovering from the surgery.