Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op. Surgery went well..stayed over 1 night and was able to go home the next night. Surgery took 3 hours. If I could keep down Water and shakes I could go home. Resting and walking around because of the gases they pump in you. Some discomfort but manageable. Lots of stuff to take when you get home though, took me days to figure it out. Still can't get in all the shakes and water they want you to, to full. Only managing 4 oz. Of a Protein Shake and that's taking me over an hour to drink. All and All No Regrets so far. Hospital staff was excellent and so was the Dr. I was even able to shower the next day. Just steri strips on the incisions. Week 2 I will be introducing 5 new foods. It's Amazing how your not hungry at all. But it's also strange because it feels like nothing was done aside from the pain in the belly. Very interesting.

Wow...sounds like you are progressing to food QUICKLY. I was on shakes only for the first MONTH post-op!!! Don't worry about not being hungry, etc. because right now is probably NOT typical of how you will "always" be...your body has been through a major surgery and needs time, food, and rest to heal. Don't worry about pounds lost right now either...get ENOUGH Protein to help your body function properly!!!

I also found it rather "amazing/interesting/unexpected" to feel really the same as before surgery...except for the minor discomfort of the surgery. I guess I thought I'd be able to "feel" the big difference in my body (internal organs, etc.)...it's such a major surgery.

I'm almost 2 years out now. My size and weight have changed, but my body "feels" the same...and I rarely have any "dumping", lactose intolerance, etc. that some RNY'ers report. For a while after surgery, I would wonder what if....suture line bursts, I get stomach flu, have some other "systemic" illness...etc, etc...what I would do...but now, I consider myself basically the "same" as before surgery...medically. I don't worry about informing every doctor I see about if their treatment will affect my bypass....I have "chilled" a bit on the "forever" consequences of surgery!!!

While being fat consumed my life before surgery, the surgery itself consumed me for while afterwards...but now I have returned to a good balance...mindful of my eating but not obssessed about it.

Glad you are doing so well...continue to do as MD orders and you'll be your "old" self in no time....except weighing,looking and feeling AWESOME!!! Best wishes!!

Revision in TX, thanks for the advise..as far as the food it's only 5 things nothing crazy- cottage cheese, yogurt, sugar free pudding, scrambled egg and pureed bean Soup. All of course in specific amounts as instructed. Then the following week they introduce a few more. Today I'm attempting a coffee with lactose free milk and slpenda. They said I can have one. I feel somewhat better today. Still resting and relaxing but also getting up here and there to walk around. Following everything the Dr. Told me to a T. I work for Drs. So I know the importance of following instructions because I see it everyday. It sounds like you did great with yours and it's kinda how I feel I will be too for some reason. Here's to hoping.

I feel sure you will do really well...concentrating on HEALING first is the main thing I tell people...the weight will come off, whether now or later...you just need to make sure everything heals well...then your new life will be great!!!

Hoping the best for you...knowing that the best is yet to come!!!