Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last fill was done during barium xray , all fine but told no restriction so half a ml was put in ontop of the amount already in , soft things and liquid normally ok , mornings things seem tighter so anything more than yoghurt or Protein Shake a no no , my throat feels sore but infection has been ruled out , is it a clue to being too tight despite it being done under xray conditions ?

As you describe your normal eating pattern, it would appear as though a very very small unfill would help you so you can consume more Protein and more solid foods.

Many of us struggle to get anything more than a shake in the mornings. Most of us are also tighter in the morning. My band is probably a little looser than most and I like it that way. I rely on being able to feel those soft satiety signals to tell me when to stop eating. So, for me, there's a lot of willpower going on(sometimes not much at all :angry:) to keep from eating too much.

Yes, you may be a little too tight? And fills performed under X-Rays(fluoro here) may look OK at the time, but we all react a little differently to fills and your stomach lining may have swelled more than some others have which means a smaller stoma.

Hi thankyou for the response , I hear so much about people reaching their sweet spot / green zone , but for me I have had several fills and unfills but either felt things to loose or like now , I don't now ever really feel truly hungry which is amazing really but that doesn't bother me , what does is the worry I don't manage Proteins easily especially as most say to concerntrate on them first in the diet . I dread eating out amongst others unless having something like Soup anything else generally causes me to bring it up or despite chewing well pain in my chest / port area which makes me feel unwell - when this happens I dare not even drink until the pain feeling goes , have you ever had this ?

Yes, I've had the stuck episodes in restaurants, home and other parties. It's just something we banders have to deal with. I'd like to say I always eat Soup or something soft but I don't and it's easy to get distracted and gobble our food or eat too big causing food to fill our pouches and food backs up into our esophagus. It's uncomfortable I know, but so is being fat so I'll take the weight loss over the discomforts and side effects of being banded.

I"ve been through the same thing and am goin through it now. In the a.m. I'm lucky to get anything down sometimes it's hard to get Fluid down. I'm having a lot of heartburn also. I am having a lot of drainage due to allergies so that causes a problem with pain and pressure feeling full. So I'm taking Benadryl to help dry it up. I talked to the nurse today cause I felt I may be too full with my last fill. She said it sounds like the drainage is the problem if I was too tight I would be throwing up every time I eat or drink. Maybe you have allergies but it really sounds exactly like the same problems I have.

Never heard of drainage being a problem , I have been put on omeprazole , buscopan and motilium , feel like my life is ruled by tablets at mo which themselves can be difficult to get down , prior to my op my life was ruled by food and worrying about my weight , now food doesn't bother me as far as hunger is concerned more now worry about getting sufficient nutrients , weight is shifting again now but don't feel its a particularly healthy way as normal looking food causes problems , it is a battle to find a happy medium , I cant carry on as things are that's for sure . I don't understand the nurse telling you if you were too tight you would be throwing up everytime you drink or eat ; surely that is something we don't want incase it causes problems like slippage ; I think a bit of an unfill is what I will arrange for next week at clinic , I would rather extra will power be needed than feel like I do ; I haven't come this far to completely blow it now .

Thankyou both for your feedback , this really is a far from easy road , more so than I imagined .

:angry: