Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As we all get closer to surgery, I thought having our own group would be a good idea. This is my first group so be patient as we all figure out how to use it.

I think this is a great idea.

I am going to be a conversion if all goes well. I have been warned that the band will be removed but if the situation is not ideal she will not due the conversion until a later date. This is getting me very nervous. Two surgeries means twice the chance of complications. I am really hoping the MD will be able to do both.

I am extremely nervous. I have been going through this journey expecting to do the sleeve. After over 2 years of research and planning. Today decided to go with the RNY. Mainly because, thanks to Tri Care, I can only have the sleeve at a military base that performs it. Which is 4 hours away. And if I tried to get it approved here, it would be alot of appeals. Mentally I can't handle another set back. This surgery has been put off so many times.

I also decided to go this route, because I have GERD. And it is getting worse not better. From what I have learned, alot of folks that have the sleeve develop GERD, so why go there? That is one of the issues I want to go away.

Anyway, I could ramble for hours.

My name is Cyndi. I am 33(my birthday cake tells me 29) I live in Columbus, G. 2 biological daughters,(15-Kapri, passed away 11 years ago) and 2 step daughters.

I work in the Senior Living industry Sales/Marketing. I do more social work than anything with it. But I love what I do. I actually specialize in ALZ and Dementia, so the sales aspect is a jump for me.

I am currently 303 pounds. I have PCSO, metabolic disorder and multiple other heath issues, feet, knee, back, etc.

I am super excited about talking with others that are traveling this journey as well.

Cyndi my plan was also to have the sleeve. I didn't know about the heartburn issue until my surgeon brought it up. In my mind, it wasn't a big deal until my hubby commented on me eating tums like candy more often than not.

I live in a NW Maryland suburb of Washington DC. I'm 48, married with 2 kids. My 20 year old is away at college and will pretty much stay there for the next few years. Don't get me wrong, I miss him, but I'm glad I don't have to feed him. He's a 6'6" 285 football player! He comes home for a week in May then moves into off campus housing. He will only visit me once that happens. My daughter is a 17 year old junior in high school. She lost 65 pounds in 2013. Right now she's struggling with the same 5 pounds over and over again. My change in eating habits will greatly benefit her, so she's now on board. At first she just didn't understand why I couldn't do it the way she did. (weight watchers) But even when she was heavy, she was very active. I'm not. My hubby will also benefit because he could use to lose about 50 pounds. So it's a win-win-win for our house.

In July 2013, after having severe chest pains, it was discovered that I have a small blocked artery in the lower front section of my heart. It's 100% blocked which means they are not able to open it up using a stint. So it remains blocked forever. Since I'm 254 pounds, my heart has to work too hard which means I feel the affects of the missing oxygen. I take meds for that, cholesterol and high blood pressure.

I am a part time college professor, trying very hard to land a full time gig!!

Jkppt- where do you live? I grew up in Beaver County. My mom currently lives in Hopewell. She had RNY in 2006 at one of the UMPC hospitals.

Amy, I live in Mars which is near Cranberry township. I am having my surgery at Magee in Pittsburgh. I used to live in Beaver. That is where I was married

My name is Jennie. I am 48 yo and am married and have to sons. 19 yo who is in college and a 17 yo who is a senior. I can relate to the son moving away. My son is 6'5" and 230 and just abouts eats me out of house and home when he visits.

They will be told today about the surgery. I wanted to wait until closer to the date before letting them know.

Hi everyone! I finally figured out how to join this group, so thanks for setting it up! I am due to have surgery on April 7th, and it is creeping up. I got a little nervous last night because I got onto a post-op thread of people who had the bypass done just this month, and reading about their post-op issues made me a little worried. It is nothing major, but as they say, "This sh#t just got real!" I suggest everyone read through it just to know what might be coming our way. In my mind it made me realize that a lot of that stuff is normal, so not to get too worried about it. Just be prepared!

I am a 43 year old Texas girl. Married to an awesome man for nearly 19 years. We have two teenagers; a 17 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. We are waiting to tell them about my surgery until about 2 days before. Still worried about that. I will be a conversion from lap band that I had put in about 6 years ago. The stories I could tell about the trouble I have had with THAT thing. JKPPT, I am like you, nervous that the surgeon will find problems with the lap band removal and not be able to convert. He has told me that in his experience it rarely happens, and he doesn't anticipate it happening for me, but you never know!

I'm 4 days in to my two week pre-op diet and doing pretty good. Keeping busy and drinking a lot of Water sure helps.

Here's to a safe and speedy surgery and recovery to all of us! Blessings for a wonderful rest of your week.

Seems like there are a lot of band to bypass folks out there. My surgeon doesn't even want to do the bands anymore. Think positive. I know some of the post op boards are scary but more of the information is positive.

Hello. I'm Kimberly from Charlotte, NC. I'm 40 and I'm having the bypass on April 21st. I'm anxious to get it over with and start my recovery.

Hi -- I'm new to BariatricPal and I'm also new to the idea of having surgery. I'm in the approval process now and hope to have an early June date. But, I'd love to hang out here and hear about your early experiences!

I know I posted yesterday, but can't remember where. Must be a senior moment. Well, not to repeat it all. I was scheduled for bypass on Monday the 7th. Bad blood work 2 days in a row. Went to primary today, got super shot & horse pills. Go back Tuesday the 8th for more blood work. If white cells are down I will be able to reschedule surgery. I am sooo ready for this journey to start.

Hi everyone! I finally figured out how to join this group, so thanks for setting it up! I am due to have surgery on April 7th, and it is creeping up. I got a little nervous last night because I got onto a post-op thread of people who had the bypass done just this month, and reading about their post-op issues made me a little worried. It is nothing major, but as they say, "This sh#t just got real!" I suggest everyone read through it just to know what might be coming our way. In my mind it made me realize that a lot of that stuff is normal, so not to get too worried about it. Just be prepared!

I am a 43 year old Texas girl. Married to an awesome man for nearly 19 years. We have two teenagers; a 17 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. We are waiting to tell them about my surgery until about 2 days before. Still worried about that. I will be a conversion from lap band that I had put in about 6 years ago. The stories I could tell about the trouble I have had with THAT thing. JKPPT, I am like you, nervous that the surgeon will find problems with the lap band removal and not be able to convert. He has told me that in his experience it rarely happens, and he doesn't anticipate it happening for me, but you never know!

I'm 4 days in to my two week pre-op diet and doing pretty good. Keeping busy and drinking a lot of Water sure helps.

Here's to a safe and speedy surgery and recovery to all of us! Blessings for a wonderful rest of your week.

Tomorrow is the big day! Good luck with everything. Let us know how it

Hi I'm Alison! I live in Lawrenceville, GA with my husband and 2 daughters. I'm scheduled for surgery on 4/17 and I'm doing my 2 week liquid pre-op diet now. I'm really grateful to find this website and this group because I have so many questions!

Tomorrow is the big day! Good luck with everything. Let us know how it

Gixxergirl

Just got back from the hospital. Surgeon was able to do the bypass but it took just shy of 4 hours of surgery. Might want to warn your husband of the long wait. She wanted to wait an extra day for the endo to make sure there were no leaks and there are not. I was dehydrated and required a lot of extra IV fluids. I got on the scale when I got home and I was 18 pounds heavier.......eeeeek! As I have had nothing to eat and only started on liquids yesterday I would say it was the IV fluids.

I wanted to wish you a safe surgery!!

Hello all,

My name is Cary. I'm 44 years old and I'm about 3 weeks pre-op. I'm having my surgery on the 25th of April. I'm excited and a little scared... but I can't wait!

Nice to "meet" you