Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling & Scared

I am having a very hard time loosing any weight since the weather has gone into this deep freeze. I had my bypass a year &a day ago & I have been lucky the weight has been coming off steadily for this year with the infill now. Two weeks ago I got on the scale & was thrilled, I had broken through the 250's & weighed in at 248lbs, I stood on the scale & cried I was so excited. When I weighted in this week, the rotten thing said I was 258!! How did I gain 10lbs in a week??? I do mother & eat candy or sweets unless it is sugar free or under 10 grms of sugar. The only thing I can think of is I really haven't been out of bed in over a week, I have chronic RA &Fibromyalgia, & I have been in so much pain I haven't been able to move ( my RA is so bad that I am disabled from it & take pretty heavy duty pain killers) . Sorry this is so long & I sound like I'm whining, I guess I just need some advice/encouragement/etc. from people who have been through or -Maybe I just need to vent I don't know. A little help please?

Hi Mary, I am so sorry you are having so many aches and pains, and that must be terribly frustrating. I think this awful freezing weather (even here in North Florida), makes your health problems much worse. Just keep warm as possible, and sometimes the bed and a heating pad is the only place to keep warm. You have done fantastic in your weight loss journey so you can overcome that little setback. While you are incapacitated all I can recommend is to give up the carbs and sugars completely til you are able to get up and moving. When it warms up I hope things get better, but til then hand in there! Hugs!

Your telling me that you lost 138 lbs since last January....And your worried about not losing now...Your doing everything right except not exercising because of your health right now...

Most people could not lose 138 lbs in a decade.

Right now you are ill and so there is not a lot you can do with the weight issue except stay on track...Keep doing what you are doing and the weight will move....It has to!

Try to get more Water in though as that helps weight loss. Stop being so hard on yourself and ease up on the scale okay...Get better and keep the program.....Don't falter! You got this!! I know it can become frustrating but really you have come so far...and most likely you will slow down and even gain a bit from time to time..But as it goes by your body will settle down to allow you to lose more....This is what I call a bump in the road...........

I am sorry that you are unwell that just sucks!!!!!!! But you got this...And us too. We will be here to read what you feel and encourage you to keep on the straight and narrow.Not to lose sight of the goal line...That will be how you get the strength to push through this rough time....

So far so good..138 lbs is nothing to sneeze at....you got this...just keep swimming okay!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a very hard time loosing any weight since the weather has gone into this deep freeze. I had my bypass a year &a day ago & I have been lucky the weight has been coming off steadily for this year with the infill now. Two weeks ago I got on the scale & was thrilled, I had broken through the 250's & weighed in at 248lbs, I stood on the scale & cried I was so excited. When I weighted in this week, the rotten thing said I was 258!! How did I gain 10lbs in a week??? I do mother & eat candy or sweets unless it is sugar free or under 10 grms of sugar. The only thing I can think of is I really haven't been out of bed in over a week, I have chronic RA &Fibromyalgia, & I have been in so much pain I haven't been able to move ( my RA is so bad that I am disabled from it & take pretty heavy duty pain killers) . Sorry this is so long & I sound like I'm whining, I guess I just need some advice/encouragement/etc. from people who have been through or -Maybe I just need to vent I don't know. A little help please?

Mary, have you checked your batteries in your scale? Mine was doing crazy swings a couple months ago, but my clothes told a different story. I changed the batteries and lo and behold accurate readings.

I have arthritis too so I understand the pain. On my bad days I just focus on moving the parts that don't hurt. If you have a heated pool Water therapy helps . I have found the more I move the less flares I get.

Congrats on your loss that is phenomenal and should be celebrated!!