Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help to start losing again

Need to go back to basic eating again!!!

Any suggestions on that ?? How much to eat

Protein foods drinks

It will be 1 year coming up and I need to lose

50 lbs ....

My Weightloss has been very s l o w......

Can anyone HELP ME get back on track

And get me to the finish line

Thanks!!! Godspeed

Hi,

I am only 10 weeks post-op, but from what I understand there is no finish line. Everyday will challenge you. I use a food scale and weight out my portions of food for the day. I do not eat anything with more that 12grams of sugar per serving, even though I know I can tolerate more than that. I work out 6 days a week. (a mix of weights and cardio) I hired a personal trainer. I am training for two 5K races. I joined the Obesity Action Coalition. I have surrounded myself with friends and family that support my new lifestyle. I read anything and everything I can get my hands on, that I think will help me on this new journey. I talk to my dietician weekly, and I go to all of my follow up appointments. I joined two support groups. I say daily affirmations to myself when I wake up. I TRY to eat 100 grams of Protein a day. I know 10 weeks is nothing compared to the rest of my life, but so far these are the things that I have done and continue to do to make each day successful. Hope this helps!!

Are you maintaining a food log? I've been logging for over two years and find it to be an extremely powerful tool. If you're interested I'd be glad to offer some suggestions for getting the most out of your log. Just about everyone struggles at one point or another. You can do this and we're all here to help!!

Are you maintaining a food log? I've been logging for over two years and find it to be an extremely powerful tool. If you're interested I'd be glad to offer some suggestions for getting the most out of your log. Just about everyone struggles at one point or another. You can do this and we're all here to help!!

Thanks for your support

The perfect way to loose weight and monitor your progress is to use a calorie counter on a daily basis while you diet.

Energy In/Energy Out

food Intake: 1,200 Per Day

One Pound equals 3,500 Calories

To loose one pound per day, You need to burn your food intake plus your one pound of fat

1,200 (intake) + 3,500 (Outtake) = 4,700 Calories Burn

You must burn at least 4,700 Calories everyday to loose one pound at least. It is very easy to go up and beyond 4,700 calories each day.

Best way to do this is to track your progress on a calorie counter monitor watch. If you do it by the numbers you can loose the weight. It is just a matter of changing the way you think about weight loss.

Welcome to the forum Amanda! I think you'll find this is a very special place.

It is a simple truth that one pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So logic says that creating a daily 3500 calorie deficit would result in losing a pound a day. Even if creating that daily 3500 calorie deficit is theoretically possible, it isn't realistic, sustainable or healthy. Perhaps creating a 3500 calorie deficit per week is a more appropriate goal? But unfortunately, even with that change, there's more to consider than the deceptively simple math.

Proper diet and exercise following surgery will result in weight loss. As long as there is a calorie deficit, there is no question you will lose weight. But all of that weight loss cannot be attributed to fat loss. Some of it will be loss of lean muscle. And some of if it will be loss of Water. And to further complicate matters, individual metabolic rates are different based on a number of variables including genetics, fitness levels, and size. A heavier person has more muscle mass and requires more calories. So a heavier person will lose more weight with a weekly 3500 calorie deficit than a lighter person will. That's one of the reasons that the rate of weight loss immediately following surgery is usually more dramatic on a weekly basis than it will be six months down the road. Now add to that the fact that as you progress in your journey, your metabolism slows in response to the lack of calories. Our bodies have evolved to be much more efficient at defending a higher weight, than at allowing weight loss. And every single one of is unique so our bodies respond differently and at different points in our individual journeys.

The good news is that you don't need an advanced degree in nutritional science to lose weight. What you need is a plan.

• Stay positive.
  • Stay patient.
  • Follow the protocol as closely to the letter as you possibly can.
  • Maintain a food/exercise log.

Trust the process and allow your body to find its own way in its own time. The laws of science and the universe cannot be denied. Resist the temptation to second guess yourself. There are simply too many variables. No matter what your weight is doing, follow your plan. Keep it simple. You'll find your journey to be so much less stressful and so much more rewarding.

Do these things and before you know it you'll be celebrating your success every day. You're gonna love the new you!!