Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Too Tight?!

Ok. October 18th I had my 8th fill and hit green zone. Everything has been fine for over a month. All of a sudden, yesterday and today, I can hardly get anything down. I ate a granola bar and it went down. chips, Water, salsa etc etc is all coming back up. Or it just sits in my esophagus. I don't have acid coming up. I spent Thanksgiving in Texas and didn't drink much. I think I'm a bit dehydrated. Why today can i all of a sudden not get anything down?

Call your doctor. If your having new problems you need to call. If food is just sitting on top your band it's dangerous and can lead to erosion.

Either way, you need to let your doctor decide what is wrong and what's best.

agree with missy, this is call to your doctor. you do not want to get dehydrated.

My doctor said that some women have said that their band gets tighter during their menstral cycle...I have not had that experience, but my band hasn't been 'tight enough' until recently. He also advises it is better to get a small unfill at the first sign of a problem because if you wait you could end up getting a complete unfill and starting over. So a small unfill may set you back a bit but the other option could set you WAY back. Good luck!

Ok. October 18th I had my 8th fill and hit green zone. Everything has been fine for over a month. All of a sudden, yesterday and today, I can hardly get anything down. I ate a granola bar and it went down. chips, Water, salsa etc etc is all coming back up. Or it just sits in my esophagus. I don't have acid coming up. I spent Thanksgiving in Texas and didn't drink much. I think I'm a bit dehydrated. Why today can i all of a sudden not get anything down?

How much does your band hold? And what are you filled to?

Oh wow. I think id be satisfied at 9cc's.

But the way my fills have been going lately itll be many more months before i get there. When i go back in 2 weeks im only gonna get .1cc!

I use to get 1.5, then 1.0, then .5, then .3

And I guess im not tight enough to fill the restriction during TOM bcuz i felt nothing when it was here so i gave in to the TOM cravings.

Oh wow. I think id be satisfied at 9cc's.

But the way my fills have been going lately itll be many more months before i get there. When i go back in 2 weeks im only gonna get .1cc!

I use to get 1.5, then 1.0, then .5, then .3

And I guess im not tight enough to fill the restriction during TOM bcuz i felt nothing when it was here so i gave in to the TOM cravings.

Help me out. What is TOM?

It took me forever to hit green zone. My problem is chips. I've lost 30 pounds but probably could have lost more had I not been eating chips. I've given them up and lost 6 lbs last month.

My fills were like yours. 1's, 5's then 3's. I just got to where I don't feel hungry all the time but I still battle my mental hunger.

TOM=Time Of Month

.1 from here on out will take an eternity.

I wish there was a way to do these fills from home.

Considering the drive every other week to my clinic along with my work schedule, it jst seems like it can all be avoided some how.

I have lost nothing by the way.

I can lose 3-5lbs the first week after the fill bcuz of the irritation & swelling & 3 days liquids, and then gain it all back the second week.

My adjustments are bi-weekly.

TOM=Time Of Month

.1 from here on out will take an eternity.

I wish there was a way to do these fills from home.

Considering the drive every other week to my clinic along with my work schedule, it jst seems like it can all be avoided some how.

I have lost nothing by the way.

I can lose 3-5lbs the first week after the fill bcuz of the irritation & swelling & 3 days liquids, and then gain it all back the second week.

My adjustments are bi-weekly.

Do you still feel hungry quite a bit? In the beginning I hardly lost anything and was so Pissed I wasted money on this stupid band. THEN I hit green zone and everything became very clear. It's ALL about saturating your hunger. The restriction isn't restricting how much you can eat. It restricts your hunger so you just don't want to eat. I feel full for 4 hours or more and it took me 8 or 9 fills to get there. I know another girl on here who took 8 fills to hit her sweet spot. Battling my mental hunger is still very hard for me.

My advice, eat things that you have to chew the crap out of to swallow. That'll fill you up fast and keep you full longer. I eat a lot of grilled chicken on my salads and I buy the grilled chicken already prepared from Walmart.< /p>

Thats true. I admit. I have a hard time saying no to the sliders. Ice cream, chips, etc.

Yeah maybe it is time I invest in the non-slider foods.

Ive lost count on how many fills i've had. All im sure of is the CC count.

And as for the hunger, im always hungry.

Im sure its due to the sliders, which do just that, slide right thru the band & im hungry again in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice!

I needed this!

My doctor said that some women have said that their band gets tighter during their menstral cycle...I have not had that experience, but my band hasn't been 'tight enough' until recently. He also advises it is better to get a small unfill at the first sign of a problem because if you wait you could end up getting a complete unfill and starting over. So a small unfill may set you back a bit but the other option could set you WAY back. Good luck!

Agree completely!

Hello

I also have times were I can eat things n I have no issues. Then I can go back eat the sane thing and I puke. I'll have days were I can't hold anything down Then I'll have days were I am fine

I'll never get it. Maybe I eat too fast I don't chew good enough I don't know