Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall @ 230lbs! Help!

Guys I'm down 125 lbs!! But I've been at 230 for 2 weeks! I'm used to dropping at least 4lbs a week! Any advice would help!! Ooooooooo & I'm 5 months out!

Guys I'm down 125 lbs!! But I've been at 230 for 2 weeks! I'm used to dropping at least 4lbs a week! Any advice would help!! Ooooooooo & I'm 5 months out!

Tell me your secret I'm only 2week out lol I have no energy yet

Mz Shay

Relax. Deep breath. 125 lbs in five months - you are doing fabulous! Just keep doing exactly what you've been doing. Your body is just taking a well earned break. Just allow it to find its own way in its own time. There's no schedule for stalls and it's impossible to predict with any accuracy how long they'll last. But it can be said with certainty that keep doing what you're doing and the stall will pass and you'll start losing again.

And one more thing is certain - you're gonna love the new you!!

Mz Shay

Really I didn't do anything for the first two months because of that. & the fact that I went back to school 6 days after surgery.. The first 3 months were he'll because I couldn't eat anything

Really I didn't do anything for the first two months because of that. & the fact that I went back to school 6 days after surgery.. The first 3 months were he'll because I couldn't eat anything

I so out of energy I was walking 4miles bf surgery I can't walk 5 min I guess it will get better

Mz Shay

You are doing great! 125lbs in 5 months is amazing and its also a lot. We all know that stalls are natural and very common. Its great that you've gone this long without one. Continue to stay positive and understand that this is natural plus your weight loss is bound to slow down, because we can't continue to lose 25lbs forever. You are doing great and keep doing what you are doing because you are doing great! And this stall shall and will pass.

Wat r u doing to be able too be down that much in 5ths? That's great!!!! I'm 5Weeks n only down 35lbs. I feel liked i'm not going anywhere. :( of course I can't exercise yet due to a big surgery I had. I was cut all the way open. N have had trouble healing.

Mz Shay

Ive had to go back to my dr. n he's giving me B12 inj. Plus my b12 med 2x a day. N i'm still kinda feel bad but better than I was.

Wat r u doing to be able too be down that much in 5ths? That's great!!!! I'm 5Weeks n only down 35lbs. I feel liked i'm not going anywhere. :( of course I can't exercise yet due to a big surgery I had. I was cut all the way open. N have had trouble healing.

Thinking maybe you misread the previous post. She's down 125 lbs in five months, not weeks. You're down 35 lbs in five weeks and feel like you're not going anywhere? That's seven pounds a week. At that rate in five months you'd be down 140 lbs. Success starts with realistic expectations. You're gonna love the new you!!

Thinking maybe you misread the previous post. She's down 125 lbs in five months' date=' not weeks. You're down 35 lbs in five weeks and feel like you're not going anywhere? That's seven pounds a week. At that rate in five months you'd be down 140 lbs. Success starts with realistic expectations. You're gonna love the new you!![/quote']

I guess I responded wrong. I no I've done good in 5wks but I have stopped losing. I've been very sick n not able to exercise n for a week now no Wt loss. I guess im just scared with no exercise that it's not gonna go down. N i'm eating 600 to 750 calories, I didn't no if that was to much now? I guess i'm scared it's gonna stop. And being sick this long depressed :( but it doesn't effect my appetite. Lol

Ty for the encouragement.

I guess I responded wrong. I no I've done good in 5wks but I have stopped losing. I've been very sick n not able to exercise n for a week now no Wt loss. I guess im just scared with no exercise that it's not gonna go down. N i'm eating 600 to 750 calories, I didn't no if that was to much now? I guess i'm scared it's gonna stop. And being sick this long depressed :( but it doesn't effect my appetite. Lol

Ty for the encouragement.

Your doctor should be able to answer your question about calorie intake. Doctors are all over the place when it comes to post-op care so always good to check.

Exercise has a lot of benefits including losing weight more quickly but...you're almost certain to lose weight eating 600 to 750 calories a day even without exercise. So it sounds like you're in a stall. There's no schedule for stalls and no way to accurately predict how long they'll last. Just keep doing exactly what you're doing, following the protocol as closely as possible, and you'll start losing when your body is ready. Stalls are a perfectly normal part of the process. There will likely be more before you reach your goal. Absolutely nothing to worry about!

Your doctor should be able to answer your question about calorie intake. Doctors are all over the place when it comes to post-op care so always good to check.

Exercise has a lot of benefits including losing weight more quickly but...you're almost certain to lose weight eating 600 to 750 calories a day even without exercise. So it sounds like you're in a stall. There's no schedule for stalls and no way to accurately predict how long they'll last. Just keep doing exactly what you're doing' date=' following the protocol as closely as possible, and you'll start losing when your body is ready. Stalls are a perfectly normal part of the process. There will likely be more before you reach your goal. Absolutely nothing to worry about![/quote']

Ty for the support.

Im 6 wks and only down 20 lbs...i would love 35 lbs :(

Im 6 wks and only down 20 lbs...i would love 35 lbs :(

I guess Wat caused me to be down that much is, I was in the hospital a week then back for 3 days. I lost adopt then, but while I've been home just a little over a week I lost allot then after that it's been very little. So I guess more is reality. N I seen it go faster n now it's very slow.

Typo.. Not adopt but *allot.