Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready for the fight

Guest Tad
Sign in to follow this  

Guest Tad

I Getting ready to fight AvMed. I haven't started yet and I would appreciate some advice and feedback about other peoples battles.

Thank you

Tad

I didn't have to fight too much with my insurance company, but I did have to stay on top of everything. For starters I would keep a running diary of every person I talk to, when I talked to them, their phone number and extension, what was said, and what you are planning on doing next. It really helps if you can establish a relationship with one person at the insurance company and deal with them EVERY time you call or write. All too often when I call in I get a different person each time who looks my file up on the computer and spits out "company policy". Good luck in your endeavor.

Hi Tad,

I had my own insurance battle and won, and help other people with insurance issues all the time in my work. Jerry's advice is excellent, and I'd also say that it's very important that you understand exactly what your plan does and does not cover. The worst thing is to be fighting the *wrong* battle or answering the *wrong* questions. Research your policy first, and then proceed on that basis.

Please don't hesitate to come here and ask questions. Every policy, every person's situation, and the rules in every state are different, of course, but there may be people who have faced the exact same issue(s) that you're up against and can help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products