Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what shall I eat now

hello I am from England and was lap baded 2 months ago, can any one tell me what I should now be eating in a day. I have not had a fill yet.:phanvan

post-204110-13813131307244_thumb.jpg

Hi Saffy! Nice to see you, and that's a lovely picture! (Do you want it sized down to use as an avatar? It would work beautifully for one.)

At this point, two months out from surgery, you should be eating regular food concentrating on Protein first. Don't get frustrated if you feel like you can eat "too much," since at this point you don't have a fill and your band isn't really working for you yet. But even if you don't feel any restriction to speak of, I'll bet that if you eat slowly you'll find that it takes MUCH less to fill you up than it did pre-banding.

Welcome to the site, and ask away!! :)

Hi Saffy,

So nice to meet you! You are lovely and I hope you have recovered well from surgery. Like Alex said, two months out you can be eating anything. No drinking for about an hour after a meal though. And drink lots of Water at all other times. Do you have restriction now? I am one of the lucky ones that have maintained a steady restriction and continue to lose. I figure I'll get a fill after I plateau for a few weeks which hasn't happened yet. How do you like your band so far? I know it takes some getting used to. If your Protein source is too dry it may give you problems. Try adding a sauce or gravy to it. I had a dry roast recently and I made a gravy from the juices and it worked wonderfully. Best of luck to you and keep us posted, Teresa

I am so pleased I have found this site , thamks for the advise, yes please the picy would be better sized down. I have had one appt since my surgery and that was with the nurse, I have been told to have 3 small meals a day of half a cup of food? Needless to say I am always hungry. I find I burp a lot and my weight loss has remained status quo with no weight loss. I am dissappointed as i envisaged a greater effect on my eating and of feeling hungry. Here they do not do fills until 3 months after the surgery and we get 2 free fills then we have to pay for it thereafter.

It's unfortunate that your doctors are using a standard protocol for fills rather than individualizing it for each person, but if you know that in advance you can work with it. In my opnion, there is no advantage in being hungry, and it works against you because it can lead to bad episodes if you eat too quickly. If you don't lose wny weight now it's not the end of the world, of course; you'll have the rest of your life after getting proper restriction to work with the band and lose weight.

The band is designed to work when it's properly adjusted, and you can't rely on it to help you without a fill. So don't torture yourself, and don't be mad at it. Try to be patient and make healthy choices in the meantime (concentrating on Protein will really help with hunger), and get an adjustment as soon as you can.

You're on your way!

Hello there !

Nice to meet ya !

I'm from Glasgow !! Did you know there were a few support groups in London & all over the country??

Let me know if your interested & I can PM you some details if you like?

aud x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches