Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintaining Your Ideal Weight?

I would really love to hear from those who are maintaining at their goal weight....how is it....do you fear regaining those pounds? How is your life different now that you have gotten where you want to be? How long have you been able to maintain?

I know y'all are out there! Tell me what it's like! I am getting pretty good at sensing what life is like losing....how is it trying to maintain?:yo:

I've maintained my current weight, well its dropping v-e-r-y slowly at about 2lb per month, for months now and its effortless. I do it just by eating what I want, when I want to and I exercise six or seven days a week - an hour's running or something equivalent.

Due to the exercise (and I've found this several times in my life before when I've been a regular exerciser) I dont even go up and down by a few lbs, I stay absolutely steady even if I have a big night out with a few drinks and a high calorie meal.

I dont find it the least bit hard, what is hard is I'd like to lose a bit more weight and pulling my finger out and actually dieting to get it off is always going to happen "tomorrow". I'm no better dieter than I ever was pre band, but I'm a much better more moderate eater overall.

I dont fear in the least regaining weight, I just cant see how it could happen. I have no desire to absolutely pig out or chug down milkshakes or the like, and physically, I cant eat enough solid food to gain even though I dont have good restriction.

Thank you Jachut! It is nice to hear that regaining for you would be very difficult. I would like to think that it won't be as easy now to regain as it used to be in the past. Of course pigging out on a full meal deal at McDonalds with a dessert and extra burger thrown in is no longer possible. I think that might take me a day, if I didn't PB through the whole thing!

Where are the rest of you? Have you lost your weight and stopped dropping in to LBT? Surely there are others out there!

I am finding that I am still losing, despite adding extra calories, and may need an unfill.

I still exercise, I still watch what I eat (no fast food, little chocolate, and lots of good food and water).

So in many ways (for me) maintaining is a lot like losing. It was a lifestyle change, and one I am glad I made, and am happy to have adopted for life